Last night I was a super hero in training.

Grouped with 4 others, we had been together for 3-4 weeks. We all had special powers, which I have no recollection of, and the attempt to forge us into a group was failing. The major part of the dream was a sequence in which I was in a large multi-level toy store, being chased by our nemesis.

The Nemesis was missing a hand, but he had replaced it with a butane torch. Whenever he passed people he would burn them. Not a nice person. He also dressed in late 60's Disco wear

I know I was afraid but the fact he was dressed as a large browny coloured Grover (yes the Sesame Street guy), lead me into the false assumption I could get away.

Meanwhile (as in all dreams) I had left the group because I felt that we where failing to work as a group/team effectively. When the all came to my rescue, dressed the same uniforms, and armed with a tonne of non-lethal weaponry, I discovered that *I* had been the one who had failed the team, and in the week I hadn't been there, they had pulled together and now worked happily.

After a fantastic display of teamwork and only minor structural damage to the store, I found that they had come back to help me, but alas, I would never fully intergrate into the fuctioning unit, and would forever be on the outside of the group, a lone wolf.

I fear there is way to much X-men Vs. Mystery Men in my dreams!

Dinosaurs again. This time, horrifyingly scary ones. I just wanted it to end, and was trying to figure out how to end it without pain... that "you're still alive when they disembowel you" stuff does not sit well with me.

At first, we were in some sort of livestock pen. I was running through the pasture dodging the big herbivores, but when I got to the enclosure, there was a raptor loose. I was staying pretty much out of sight, although it kept killing people in places where I could see the splash of blood.

Then it found me... and there were two of them. They were circling me and I was trying unsuccessfully to faint where I stood, when someone distracted them. Then some guy was controlling the raptor by pressing buttons on some sort of electronic implantation in it. He saved us from the other raptor by sending a strong signal indicating pine from one to the other. Apparently pine does not attract raptors the way human flesh does.

Of course, we couldn't let go of the raptor or it would cease to be in our control, so we took it on the plane with us. Smart. And of course the other one ended up stowing away and coming with us. I was wondering why someone didn't just shoot the darn things before they killed someone, as lack of weapons weren't a problem.

Finally, one of the raptors had me and some girl I didn't like (no one I know from real life) in a barn with some hay. I was hoping he would eat her so I could go away. We both had nowhere to run to, and it was standing between us trying to make up its mind.

Then my brother's alarm clock went off in the next room, even though he isn't here, and it woke me up. I was pretty annoyed at the time, but on second thought, it looks like he saved me from quite a mess.

I was driving to the grocery store, looking for something, but could not find it anywhere. So I headed back to my car and drove to another grocery store. To say my driving was merely destructive would be an understatement. It was devestating. I had no control over my speed. My accelerator was stuck and I would hit random things as I drove along.

Eventually I landed in an alley downtown and got out. I walked along the road until I saw my boyfriend, a girl we met at quiz bowl camp Andrea, and some other girl. We were cleaning the side of the road for money. I noticed at some point, the man paying us took Andrea to the side and said something to her. When we finished, he told us to come inside and he would pay us. I stood up and made a big speech about how he could pay us right there and we wouldn't need to go inside. But Andrea and the girl did. It was later understood that these two girls were raped and killed.

But eventually, my boyfriend and I were inside the building sans old creepy guy paying us. The man had paid us 87 cents for cleaning the road. I was sitting in a chair talking to my boyfriend about how he thought Andrea had softer skin. He said no. I said, "You thought that when she was alive." He replied, "Well... yeah." And began to insult my skin. Then there was this clip of me at age eleven sitting in a chair. People were trying to convince me to take better care of my facial skin but my only concern was playing mandolin (I was listening to NPR as I had this dream and I think an orchestral piece with a lot of mandolin was playing as I dreamt this). When I came out of the flashback, two boys came in the room and removed their heads. They would eat spinach by stuffing it in their esophagus, which was exposed to the air.

I removed my head and put it back on again. It didn't seem any different, but it felt like something was missing from my face that I couldn't see. The dream had the air of one of those stories from that Nickelodeon television show, Are You Afraid of the Dark. It was annoying. As I left the building, my boyfriend showed up by my car. There was this new grocery store next door and we were in the parking lot of it. I noticed my messenger bag was missing. We both turned around to see a car with fins on its tail flying by with the bag hanging from it. I chased it down the street. I thought it would stop at the traffic light, but it took a right turn and I never saw it again.

I awoke.

I also had this minidream where people were sitting in a room, playing some game, and every time they lost a point, someone would say,
"Okay, 'foo', ratify an amendment of the United States Constitution that you don't like."

This isn't actually my persay.... but my friend told it to me and it involves me.

Walking down the street...

It's very quiet...

He turns to me and asks me why I'm throwing my life away. Suddenly, aliens invade! One dastardly alien grips me with his tentacles, while others chase Michael. The leader steps onto the battlefield. Michael sees him, and...

grows his fingers to 40 feet long, and pinches the leader's head off...

Needless to say, the aliens retreated. As Michael and I stand up, all the human survivors come and gather around me, and bow down low, touching the ground with their heads and hands. "Praise Adam, for he is Allah." That's what they said. And Michael stands up, "What the fuck!? I'm the one that saved you all..."

So then we took off in our rocket ship.

What a bloody strange dream eh? I thought so too. But now I have a rocket ship... so what the hell...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.