Fireball

3/4 oz. Cinnamon Schnapps, 1/4 oz. Cherry Brandy

Layer in a pony or shot glass

Back to the Everything Bartender

It's also an attack performed by Ryu, Ken, and countless others in the popular Street Fighter game series and the thousand other games based on it. The normal fireball (quarter-circle turn down to forward and punch) in these is bluish white, though, and it is only if you are Ryu in Super Street Fighter 2 or later that you even have the ability to willfully let out a red fireball that actually burns your opponent. Strangely enough, though, Dhalsim has always been able to spit out a ball of fire, but no one ever calls it a fireball, because he says "Yoga Fire!" as he does it. I always wondered how he talked and spit fire simultaneously.

compiled overview of the 20ton Fireball 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



While trying to formulate a strategy to counter the onslaught of the Clans, the Federated Commonwealth commanders held a series of talks with the designers at the New Avalon Institute of Science. The outcome of the discussions was a decision to build a light BattleMech that could support heavier units when they suddenly encountered Clan Elementals in combat. The Federated Commonwealth commissioned the ALM-7D Fireball soon after these debates and immediately dedicated some of the Corean Enterprises assembly lines on New Avalon to the new design.

Of the several designs submitted to the Federated Commonwealth Review Board, the 7D was the most promising. Because Clan Elementals swarm onto the battlefield in large numbers, the design called for a quick vehicle that could sustain a high fire rate for an extended period of combat time. The 'Mech was armed with a Hovertec Streak SRM-2 Pod and a Lindblad machine gun, both supplied with substantial ammunition. These weapons seemed well-suited to opposing Elementals, but the feature that most caught the eye of the review board was its speed.

The ALM-7D can run up to 184kph even without the dangerous MASC equipment. With a good gunner commanding the 'Mech, the machine could race across the battlefield supporting several heavier units.

To meet the needs of these combat conditions, the engineers incorporated the Corean B-Tech targeting and tracking system in the internal components, a system that had proven its effectivenaess in recent years. This system was also chosen because a substantial number was available at the New Avalon manufacturing site, thus eliminating lengthy delays for transporting components from other worlds.

The Federated Commonwealth plans to test the performance of the ALM-7D in front-line situations where veteran units will pit their expertise against the Clans. The new design will most likely be assigned to hot young piots because the Fireball's capabilities suit the individuality of many newer MechWarriors. The F-C High Command hopes that piloting a Fireball will help the rookies mature more quickly than they would in a heavier line 'Mech that has to submit to a more coordinated battle strategy.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.
Atari 2600 Starpath Supercharger Game
Produced by: Starpath
Model#: AR4300
Rarity: 4 Scarce+

4 Player variation of Super Breakout. This greatly expands the original breakout concept. With differently shaped walls and up to six balls in play at the same time. Add the ability to have 4 players at once, and you have yourself a good game.

This is not a cartridge but a cassette tape. It only works on Atari 2600 systems equipped with a Starpath Supercharger or a Cuttle Cart (which is compatible with the Supercharger).

Scott Nelson was the programmer on this title.

This game is worth around $25 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more. (Pricing is for an original copy of this game that still works). Dead copies and copies that were copied onto blank tapes are worth less.
There are three ways to make the Fireball. It is a great drink and certainly lives up to its name.

First recipe for the firebal is as follows:1) Fill shot glass with Cinnamon Schnapps2) Add 4 to 5 drops of tabasco sauce

This next recipe is a little bit more complex, but I think tastes better than the first. To make:1) Fill a glass with ice2) Add a half ounce of Vodka3) Add a half ounce of Cinnamon Schnapps4) Add a half ounce of Cherry Brandy5) Add 4 to 5 drops of tabasco sauce and stir6) Strain into a shot glass. The third recipe has already been noded, so to avoid repetition I will not include the last recipe.

This drink is very good. And being a fan of tabasco sauce, it has become my new favorite drink.

The Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of Quake's rocket launcher.

Fireball is a level three sorcerer/wizard arcane spell. The spell creates a ball of fire with a twenty-foot radius, doing 1d6 damage per caster level to a maximum of 10d6, and is of instantaneous duration. The material component is a small ball of sulphur and bat guano.

The most kick-ass property of this spell is its ability to take out an entire group of enemies in a single shot - or at very least, damage them enough that your fighter can send them to the next dimension with ease. If your DM allows, Fireball might also allow you to set the enemy's clothes on fire, which is always fun.

Newbie spellcasters have a foolproof habit of forgetting that fireball has a twenty-foot blast radius the first time they use it, with hilarious consequences. Unlike burning hands, attempting a fireball at point blank range in melee combat is not recommended.

The elven name for this spell is Koron en’ naur.

A Fireball is a small, two handed sailing dinghy. First designed in 1961 by Peter Milne it became an instant hit because its simple hull shape made it ideally suited for home builders. Since then over 14700 boats have been built and registered with the Fireball Class Association.

The boat has gone through several revisions during its lifespan, both in its design and building techniques. The latest boats have a wider bow to better cope with large waves and are built from a foam sandwich which replaced the original plywood and later GRP hulls.

The boat is rigged with a bermuda mainsail, a jib, and a symmetric spinnaker.

Designer: Peter Milne
Portsmouth Number: 984
Length: 4.93m
Beam: 1.37m
Hull Weight: 79.4kg
Sail Area: 11.43 sq m
Spinnaker: 13.01sq m
Optimum crew weight: 140-170kg

Thanks to www.fireball-dinghy.org.uk for the specs. More info to follow - I collect fireball sail number 619 (1964 vintage) soon

A long, long time ago, before most Everythingians were even born (ca. 1976), pinball machines were still electromechanical. Real bells clanged, real thwack sounds when a game was won. Adolescent reflexes allowed mastering a game well enough to dominate a machine (and sell the accumulated games for more than the quarter it cost to play).

We played at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, on the Jersey shore. We fell in love with each other, ourselves, and the ocean. Play the silver ball, sell a few games, wander waist deep into the creamy night waves, kissing whoever wandered in with you.

Now and again, you entered the zone. Thwack, thwack, thwack! The game counter grew, the crowd swelled, and you were oblivious, except for the occasional glance at the woman you loved, and would eventually marry. (No matter what I do now--succor the afflicted, sit on the Supreme Court, take a bullet for humanity--I cannot glean the same gaze from the love of my life.)

We knew we were at some kind of cusp. In 1972, Prozac, the compact disc, and Pong were developed, harbingers of the digital revolution. Amidst this rising ugliness, Ted Zale (designer) and Dave Christensen (artist) created Fireball, the masterpiece of the electromechanical pinball oeuvre.

Bally praised its "lightning storm of scoring action," while Playboy hailed it as "the perfect pin." As the Human Torch threw bolts of lightning from the backglass, Odin and Wotan captured balls, allowing for multiball play. The bumpers kicked hard enough to keep play on the razor edge of control when in the zone. These features alone made this pin worth the two bits for 5 balls.

This was the 70's; we lost a war, our Federal government lost credibility, and we feared a nuclear winter. Oil was in short supply. We needed more than a good pin. Ted Zale knew this.

If you played well, a magical transformation took place. The lower flippers ("zipper flippers") came together, closing the gaping mouth at the bottom of the machine. A left side kicker grooved on, kicking back any errant ball slipping through the left gutter. For a moment you believed you had complete control.

Just as your shoulders started to relax, when you allowed yourself the myth that you were the master of Fireball, the whole center of the board started to spin rapidly; chaos reigned in the middle of your silver universe. You could just hold on and enjoy the ride as the ball clacked off the bumpers, got caught in the swirling center, and was hurled back at the bumpers. Like Job, you stood in awe of the chaos you could not understand, much less control.

In a moment, the machine stopped playing with your helplessness. The wheel stopped spinning, the zipper flippers parted open, your ball was again at your mercy. Still, you knew better. Life could not be contained within the glass box.


http://www.mindspring.com/~brrice/fireball.htm

Fire"ball` (?), n.

(a) (Mil.)

A ball filled with powder or other combustibles, intended to be thrown among enemies, and to injure by explosion; also, to set fire to their works and light them up, so that movements may be seen.

(b)

A luminous meteor, resembling a ball of fire passing rapidly through the air, and sometimes exploding.

 

© Webster 1913


Fire"ball`, n.

Ball, or globular, lightning.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.