September 22, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
history | prophecy

O dem bones, our editorial dorsal eyestalks vibrate in salutation to the new day. The nodegel is cleansed and reborn. Noders in Canada, Japan, the United States, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Israel, France, in strange underground caverns, in satellites, space stations, and from within singularities all thrust forth new nodes. The new nodes float above the nodes of memory and then all tumble together in a joyous flurry of hard links and softlinks. See them file in an orderly line through New Writeups before taking off to swirl in the dance of the gel. Dance, nodes, dance!

Hm. I've just deleted a number of very nasty nodeshells and returned them to freegel.

Users have flung their own nodes into the Crypt:

  • lost me creative edge, and it's not in the closet! by MegaAaron. (I hope I got the number and position of "a"s right this time. But downvoting the log because I didn't once while reporting on what I did for you is not so cool, neh? After all, it takes me much more time to undo a bad node and then report on it than it takes you to node it.) By request.
  • Hydralisk by R3DM3CURY2. By request.
  • what do purple monkeys do at night? by different42 and Sylvar and even icicle. Requested by different42. The first wu was pointless. The followups without it are even more so. A strange night apparently, Mon. Aug. 21, 2000. This is the sword that gives life.
  • mayhem by Grrr. Nov. 13, 1999 linkless node. Abandoned at birth.
  • fucking!!! yes, they were FUCKING in the quiet peaceful serenity of the green bushes along the sidewalk! neighing and "yarp!"ing like wild animals, they were! obscene, I tell you! obscene! by wonko. By request. At -6 before it left New Writeups.
  • 'Epilepsy' by little lost star. By request.
  • Suggested by tregoweth:
    • User Temp1eton. A Templeton troll attempt.
    • metasyntactic variable by nine9.
    • Pentium by nine9.
    • TLA by setantae.
    • ethylsuphuric acid nodeshell.
    • Tool/A Perfect Circle nodeshell.
  • By blaaf, by request
    • Grand Old Party
    • steeping
    • shards of mirror
  • Suggested by blaaf:
Investigated pinky64's situation, deleted nodeshells and so on. Waiting for a msg. Many thanks to wharfinger and whizkid for their help. Dissolved into freegel:

Celebrated my fucking birthday by the ancient traditions: Tortured, Maimed, and...

Killed: ansomatica's writeup in "Profanity only serves to slow down the speaking of those who's minds cannot keep up to the pace at which they feel they should speak at." It said, in three paragraphs: "Yeah. So there. Right fuckin' on." Senseless. Now a nodeshell.
No, wait. The little pillbug re-noded it. It's now only mostly senseless, but he put a slight bit of explanation, so I'll let one of y'all decide whether to nuke it again.

Killed: gar0u's writeup in Jennifer Love Hewitt's birthday. Belonged in Jennifer Love Hewitt. Now a nodeshell. User now has no writeups, so I reckon he's nuke-fodder.

And speak of the devil...Killed: aresds' writeup in Jennifer Love Hewitt. Total content: "A hot chick - 'nuff said." Actually, 'nuff not said.

Killed: derc's writeup in Unknown Armies. He had nothing to add to the writeup; he was just trying to nodevertise some of his stuff that had a similar title.

Killed: a bunch of writeups by pinky64 because they were dead blank. It appears someone else is trying to pull an asamoth without notifying the Proper Authorities... (I had to quit 'cause I need to free up my phone line, but y'all feel free to pick on him/her, too)

And somebody nuke that damn phonesex nodeshell! (Thank you, knifegirl! MMMMWA!)

/Msg'd: Robert25 about some of his writeups. He's a nice guy and good luck to him. Gave me some ideas for writeups of my own, so MMMWA! to him, too.

Nodes Killed

geekU's something great is going on in this world. The Pixies told me to do it, and I agreed that inane non-capitalized sentences without punctuation were better off sleeping the big sleep.
coaxial. Telling us something sucks without the reason why is a beacon for editorial fiat.
Don't try this at home. Ground Control's writeup ignores the use of this phrase beyond a programming basis, but at least it's worthwhile. geekU's is just wretched in every way that counts - spelling, linking, relevance.
/join RL. Apparently IRC addicts should do this - cute idea, but poor 3-line application.
SunKing's whoo want-uh sum Wang?. Crap crap crap about a relatively fun game.
riot nrrrd. "Shut the hell up, geek."
doritos. Similar.
vulnerability. Can you guess why? Good, I thought you could.
snack hole. One in a limited edition series, and it's becoming even rarer each time I find more of this crap.
yap w/ wu by ximines. Dumb stuff and a dumb response - they both go to the cornfield!
Adam Sandler. Squeal, noder, squeal!
May You Live in Interesting times. Sometimes, people don't learn. And that's when I want to tie their intestines around a tree. Series of one line insults make me have this feeling.
tregar w/ wu by ChesterCramme. A poorly done website plug, and he even managed to make a mistake in the two lines he did write. And we don't need the "Oh, you suck" response either - please don't make bad nodes worse.
Bryn Mawr. It's easily removed as all important information is replicated in the other better writeups.
Woundweavr's does not work with dick in A drive. Content: "Hey it does work with up to three testicles though, so you got that going for ya." I'd feel bad if this was an E1 node, but it's relatively recent and incredibly pointless, so...
fondue's Pierced Eyebrow. Flamebait about its mainstream nature - we don't need one liners of hate and spite.
clipdude's An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge. It's mispelled.

Nodes for Gods to Delete

Nodeshells for Gods to Delete

I sincerely hope this was a nodeshell rescue - Novalis requests an extinction.
personality by speach
tregar
whoo want-uh sum Wang?

Writeups killed:


Can anybody make any sense out of Schaioun Masit?


Nodeshells:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.