Since I have obviously lost my mind, and Anml4whateverthingy has dropped the ball this year, may I present the amateur last-minute production of

E2SS2K4

ta-DAH!!


(Blatantly stolen) Rules

  • Sign-ups will be open from October 18, 2004 through November 7, 2004. Everyone will be assigned on November 8, 2004. Signup is now closed, sorry. Try again next year...
  • You must send out your gift by December 9, 2004 (and tell me about it) or else a backup will be assigned and you will be added to the non-senders list.
  • There is no limit on spending. We have had some really neat items sent in the past. Homemade stuff is by far the coolest.
  • Nobody got the super sekrit good luck bearing gift last year (yet again... *sigh*), so it's back out on the block.
  • The usergroup created for us is E2SS2004. Please don't abuse it - I know my inbox can't handle too much more traffic. I'll use it for announcements (deadlines etc.), and if you have questions you think everyone might be wondering about by all means do use it.


Regarding Non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to your noder, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let me know as soon as possible - I have had a bunch of people volunteer to be backups - so I can get your noder reassigned and gifted preferably before Christmas.

I intend for there to be NO disappointments this year, even if it means I send the stuff myself (please don't make me do this, I'm still trying to pay off college...). I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me. If you drop the ball like that, you will not be allowed to participate next year. I know that many people I hold dear here at E2 are reluctant to join in this year because of previous bad experiences, and I don't want that to continue. I want us to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.< /end rant/lecture/sermon/whatever>


How to sign up

  • Read the rules above, and know that you can abide by them. Love the rules.
  • Be sure that you can send out a gift by December 9th, 2004.
  • Copy and paste the form below into your favorite email client. Fill in the blanks. Send it off to martinagthompson@yahoo.com, with E2SS2K4 in the title (so's I don't delete it as Spam...). If, however, you would prefer not to email, please /msg me with the below info.


Official E2SS2k4 Sign-Up Form

Send to martinagthompson@yahoo.com

E2 Username:

Name you want packages shipped to:

Email Address you can be reached at:

Address to ship packages to:
(Even if it is in EMAR put it here)

Special shipping instructions:

Willing to be a backup?

Anyone you don't want to be assigned?
(reasons include, but are not limited to: being your SO, someone you despise, someone you had a one-night stand with, someone you previously gifted in a sekrit santa, or any other reason. But don't tell why. This will be kept strictly confidential, of course.)

Things you would like to receive?

Any other notes:


Other Info

  • Let's make this fun. I really don't want to have to ask the Ninjagirls to help us out again this year.I AM a Ninjagirl, and will send the Sooper Sekrit Monkey Death Squad to non-mailers. Mmkay, thanks!
  • I will be asking a God to create a /msg list for all of us. Please don't abuse it.
  • It might help to place any additional information about you on your homenode. When I assign out people I will send the information you put on the form, but by putting more information they can actually learn a bit about the person they are sending this to.


Questions? Feel free to /msg me. Thanks!


Participants:

to clear up some confusion, I place a (SENT!) after the RECIPIENT's name when you tell me you've sent your present, then replace it with the /msg telling me what it was when it arrives. Don't Panic.

  • gwenllian says YAY!!! I got my Secret Santa gift from the lovely and talented yclept; some yummy homebaked cookies and a gorgeous green and blue knitted hat/Moebius scarf set :D not to mention the rest of the beautiful variegated wool so's I can have custom sized mittens!
  • wordnerd says I had just finished tamping down a bowl of fine tobacco before opening the brown wrapped box from katana . Inside, One More for the Road , three Taiwanese batik coasters, a Staedtler pen, and an I-Am-Not-Worthy Wedgwood leather-bound journal. Even the wrapping took my breath away. Pictures .
  • Wiccanpiper says On Friday I received a lovely Castello pipe from Secret Santa Chase!
  • diotina says ccunning/karma_debt sent me laughs in the shape of Olympics training tapes, stickers, chocolates, a toothbrush, and two cool books! Although I really shouldn't forget to mention the doll that comes with its own personal bubble bath.
  • Princess Therion says Thanks to bewilderbeast for a beautiful scarf and a really interesting looking book This whole experiance has been wonderful :-)
  • Chase says g- My sekrit santa Ereneta sent me a lovely cd Will Sing for Food -- The Songs of Dwight Yoakam with a Gillian Welch cut on it! Wonderful! - my sekrit santa sent me another goodie- this time a book on shotguns. Roxxors.
  • Taliesin's Muse says Present from Master_Villain arrived - wonderful pencils and LOTR location guidebook to NZ. Excellent addition to Tolkien collection!
  • yclept says Yay! My secret santa sent me a gift cert. for elann.com! *droooool*
  • smokng0at says Got mine last night (it arrived a week ago, however it's been waiting at my parent's place) - an awesome papyrus scroll from Diabolic, along with some police tape and hazard tape, which I really really like :)
  • The Debutante says I was the proud recipient of a fantastic pressie from lsk today.
  • TenMinJoe says My Secret Santa package arrived & there was clearly some kind of mixup whereby tokki accidentally sent me ALL the presents she'd bought for her entire family & circle of friends. I am keeping it all sealed up for when she asks for it back.
  • shimmer (SENT!) (NOT RECEIVED)
  • proquar says I was the proud recipient of Argentine Mate . He offered me a drink. But it was better than that, I got that wonderful reminiscent envy feeling (my next door neighbour had one of these thumbfilms, and I had forgotten how much I wanted one!)
  • Timeshredder says I have received my copy of The Olive Sessions from WaldemarExkul, who is practically my neighbour. Thanks.
  • Cool Beans (RECEIVED)
  • LSKsays Just wanted to say I got home late this evening to find an awesome package awaiting me containing a chobits T-shirt and 2 CD's! Thank you sooo much Cool Beans - you made an excellent choice!!
  • Andrew Aguecheek (SENT!)(POSSIBLY NOT RECEIVED - was it a Don Red album?)
  • Catchpole says my present arrived! No_one sent me a mix CD, and a book (Fifth Business by Robertson Davies) and some candy.
  • Segnbora-t says I received a few skeins of Australian alpaca wool -- I would never have thought of alpaca breeding (well, outside South America).
  • Lometa (SENT!)(NOT RECEIVED)
  • tokki says bane221 was my super sekrit santa and he got me such lovely things - tea, journal, and yummy cookies. And, I totally dig the Christmas card. :)
  • Skybluefusion says I got my pressie from diotina today. Beautiful hand made bag full of scrapbooking goodies. :)
  • Wntrmute says Yey! The ingenious Nanofictionary and a card from the lovely Lometa arrived today to start off the festive season!
  • Kit says Eeeee! I got my pressie today! A beautiful multicolored scarf from anemotis.
  • Aeroplane says I received a book and CD from mriparian, both are chock full of awesome.
  • Sondheimsays I got my SS stuff. Thank you santa. A lovely antique book and a great CD! WOO Hoo! Thanks Santy. -Josh
  • Zyxion says Got my present! A bunch of classic TV shows! Im watching me some Three Stooges tonight! Thanks Georgina!
  • nocte says *giggles and blushes* I got the The Official Star Trek/Hello Kitty Boca Monkey Dildo that's right. No actually it was just a Hello Kitty Vibrator... (I suppose that made the largest impression on my mind). But I would like to say that Gwenllian, BEST EVER... Hands down. Everyone needs to cry that they werent HER SEKRET SANTA! I WAS!!! HA HA HA!
  • exceptinsects says My secret santa, who is a GENIUS, sent me the Illuminatus! trilogy, a book which a) I don't own, b) have not read, and c) have been wanting to read! Not only that, they also donated a book to my library's Amazon Wish List! Very sneaky, figuring that out!
  • bewilderbeast w00t! My gift arrived today from sekrit santa Andromache01, and it is marvellous.
  • Haschel47 (SENT!) (NOT RECEIVED!)
  • OberonDarksoul (RECEIVED)
  • czeano says On 01/05/05, FedEx delivered a hefty box to my door. Upon opening it, I was greeted with a card:
    Czeano -
    Well.
    You see, my people celebrate the holidays on... um, no...
    As a child, I had a horrible fear of packaging tape -- no,
    Shit, it's late. Eh. Sorry 'bout that! And thanks for the patience. Sorry also that I can't help you w/ your request for "souls." See, due to post 9-11 trade restrictions, souls may not be shipped to residential addresses any longer -- I know, it's a damn prison state!
    Over, please -->
    However, I did what I could to help out with your current soul collection. Please enjoy the enclosed Soul Music, Soul Food, Coffee for staying awake (and keeping an eye on) your souls, candy/snacks for the same purpose, a google t-shirt (to help you find your souls, should they flee), and finally a little something to keep you occupied when this soul shit gets boring.
    I hope you and your family have...remainder edited for brevity
    No Springs
    Contents of the package include:
    * several pounds of Twix, Snickers, York Peppermint Patties
    * Google t-shirt, size (CENSORED)
    * several pounds of kona coffee beans, unground
    * one copy "Soul" featuring hits like My Girl
    * one genuine immitation hand-carved Chinese chess set, made in Taiwan, or thereabouts
    * one can Campbell's chicken noodle soup, with additional documentation added. (Top: "Chicken Soup 4 The Soul". Side: "Four The Soul, Natch!" Bottom: "Other Side Up, Dumbass")
    Conclusion: SUCCESS!
  • WaldemarExkul says I picked up my mysterious parcel yesterday morning just hours before getting on a plane. Thanks to N.B., whose E2 identity I have not yet figured out, for a book that I have been wanting to read and some chocolate I have been wanting to eat!
  • kerawall says I got chocolate, a postcard, a fantastic mix CD and the greatest book ever from Wntrmute!
  • Dawggy says I received the one gift I truly wanted an E2 Mousepad!! Thank you Haschel47!! not only does your gift provide me with a big smile it also helps support e2. Thank you for the AWESOME Gift!!!
  • Harmony says I received my secret santa present from Heisenberg today. I LOVE the beautiful angel and 2 CDs of terrific music. The angel will go perfectly with my angel collection. :)
  • Oolong says My presents arrived at last, all the way from Mexico, land of Swap: A poncho, a set of very Mexican-looking placemats and a Möbius scarf he knitted himself. All are gorgeous, useful and very gratefully received.
  • ElevenFiftyNinesays I have the best SS ever. Leucosia sent me an incredible burn of her own design, along with old vinyls, Billy Joel being one of them...an he is my favorite. And tapes. Wonderful. You outdid yourself, thank you!
  • trainman (SENT!)(NOT RECEIVED!)
  • Ereneta I got some cool indie minicomix and zines from magicmanzach.
  • crewgrrl says thanx servo5678, the books are just lovely. Eric, and Moving Pictures are 2 nice additions to my collection.
  • Chad Reasco says I received the DC Comics Encyclopedia, sent by Joyeuse. It's huge!
  • Servo5678 says My gift just arrived. Someone sent me a neat 1-up mushroom t-shirt. Please pass on my thanks if my SS doesn't want to be IDed. Thanks!
  • telyni (SENT!)
  • anemotis (SENT!) (NOT RECEIVED)
  • allseeingeye says ouroboros sent me a Viewmaster and some Kakfa slideshows, as well as a pile of sweet Japanese Magic cards. Ho Ho Ho indeed!
  • magicmanzach says Got my present from a (drat) anonymous Secret Santa and am muchly impressed. I will be cooking and cooking tonight.
  • EBVLMP2b (RECEIVED!)
  • kthejoker got an excellent book and a t-shirt
  • bane221 says Well to my SS you hit the nail on the head with my love for photography and I intensely appreciate the book and frame. Perfect gift.
  • Master Villain says I got my secret santa present. : Harmony sent me Doctor Who money - which means I now need to hijack a police box to go and spend it. However that will get me in trouble with the time police so I will instead put it my money collection. Awesome.
  • Joyeuse says I got my gift yesterday! It is a laser pointer with 42 different tips, so it makes all sorts of cool designs. There is even an Eiffel Tower design! THANK YOU, MERCI, DANKE, GRATIA TIBI AGO, AND GRACIAS!!
  • Heisenberg says My Secret Santa sent me 2 volumes of the Anguished English series, woohoo! This probably means that I have to improve on my grammatical skills....
  • Disillusioned says sloebertje hooked it up with great cookie-stuffs, a beautiful chameleon print she made herself, and other assorted goodies.
  • Leucosia (RECEIVED)
  • no_onesays kerawall had no way of knowing that I am a horrible mispronouncer, but sent me "the big book of beastly mispronounciations" anyway! EXCELLENT!
  • wazroth says I got my secret santa present today! A book of Chaucer poems and a cool CD, all the way from Great Britain! Oh, Andrew Aguecheek, I'm sorry I doubted you!
  • PyramidSong got yummy cookies
  • no springs (SENT!) (NOT RECEIVED!)
  • smileloki (SENT!)
  • katana says yaaaaaaythanks to renderer - just in time for compressible flows final!
  • francesemma (RECEIVED)
  • Blondino (RECEIVED)
  • Timya
  • renderer says trainman may or may not have crossed state lines to bring me a kickass (and very long) mix
  • Tato says Holy Wow! Am I the only one to get a single-edged SS present? Kit, thank you for the fabulous knitted Möbius Scarf! It's single woolen surface shall keep me warm and endlessly spinning all winter!
  • TheLady says my gift has arrived, and it's a wonderful, fabulous, fantastic How to Cook Everything and I love it! :)
  • Swap (SENT!)(NOT RECEIVED)
  • sloebertje says Woo! disillusioned sent me a desert-themed packet, with travelling cacti, cactus candy and rattlesnake eggs! Just what I needed after cycling home through the cold and rain :)
  • oakling says oolong gave me a very beautiful box made out of leaves and drew an oak tree inside! and made a squirrel with a fluffy fuschia tail! and there was a bag of oolong tea as well!
  • Robotrix says Dear augustine, your gift arrived today. It is the single most awesome thing(s) i have ever recieved by post, and i am probably in love with you now. Merry christmas!
  • Lother says I have received a brilliant and fascinating book on the peculiar characteristics of Canadafolk from allseeingeye. Much appreciated!
  • swish girl says I recieved my gift from yclept An awesome scarf and matching hat, also some deliciuos cookies! I was wondering what exactly they were?
  • LaggedyAnne says Someone sent me something today with no name on it. Wanna tell me who? :)
  • Augustine (RECEIVED!)
  • imp/buddha received a box of miscellaneous nature/girl stuff from Erika, and is also getting a subscription to Ranger Rick magazine.
  • Erika says I got a cool American Girl family history set from oakling! And I also got a neato American Girl book about how to make miniature things to decorate tiny rooms with! Yay!!!
  • Ian says imp/buddha sent me ZipZaps and we played with them a lot! (note: ZipZaps are cool little rechargeable RC cars with interchangeable chassis)
  • Andromache01 says Gift received! ((smiles))
  • The Custodian says Whoo! I got Chocolate and a COOL HANDMADE BOWL, plus what is both a clue to my Santa's ID and/or a sabotaged ceramic condom/fingerpuppet! THIS ROCKS!
  • Diabolic says It has been verified! I recieved a laser-etched glass sculpture from telyni, who confused me by sending it from an online shop. Bad telyni... good gift.
  • FeltTips says My package from my Secret Santa arrived and I'm feasting on this good thing right now. Absolutely stunning! Nap time!
  • pylon (RECEIVED)
  • equistate (SENT!)(NOT RECEIVED!)
  • ClockworkGrue says Backup Santa comes through again with a Charles de Lint novel and a musical vendetta. Maestro, I say, "right on!"
  • indigoe says package came! i refuse to go into all the postal badness, but finally, lots of wonderful things from felttips arrived today... thanks!
  • mripariansays I got the coolest stuffed pig (my girlfriend named her Bessie), and a cute ceramic pig from EBVLMP2b, also some kickin caramel kisses! Yayyy!
  • *emma* says I received my secret santa gift last night it is wonderful ... The calendar and photo card makes me want to visit your territory and give your mom a big hug for her warmer Thanks zillions :)
  • Nora (RECEIVED) - she says it was awesome, but I managed to lose the /msg describing it
  • ccunning/karma debt says We received our gift and think it's really cool, but it was anonymous and we'd love to know about it. It's a rather unique item so we are curious as to the cultural significance or where it came from :) Anyone wanna fess up?
  • Ouroboros exclaims on Monday I received a HUGE box of stuff from gwenllian! including two t-shirts (one embarassing, the other embarassing) and a bag of balloons and some correction tape and a Kim Possible figurine of a monkey-flinging ape and Kinder Surprise Eggs! Truly awesome!

92 people total

Only one person did not send at all, and is thus barred from participating next year. Three people had to drop out due to miscellaneous problems, but notified me so I was able to arrange for backup. Good job! The remainder were put on Santa's 'nice' list, which earned them golden trinkets. Merry Christmas, guys, and let's do this again next year!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.