I guess I'll never forget her. And maybe I don't want to. Her spirit was wild, like a wild monkey. Her beauty was like a beautiful horse being ridden by a wild monkey. I forget her other qualities. --Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.
I felt so good like anything was possible
I hit cruise control and rubbed my eyes
The last three days the rain was unstoppable
It was always cold, no sunshine
I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine
- Tom Petty, Running Down a Dream
Thanks to Roninspoon's homenode, I now know the following about me:
Disorder | Rating
URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
If you receive an email entitled "Badtimes," delete it immediately. Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty. It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer. It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit cards. It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play. It will program your phone auto dial to call only your mother-in-law's number. This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank. It will drink all your beer. (For God's sake man are you listening?!?!) It will leave dirty socks on the coffee table when you are expecting company. It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine, all the while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing their hotel rendezvous to your Visa card. It will cause you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is only fun until someone loses an eye. It will rewrite your backup files, changing all your active verbs to passive tense and incorporating undetectable misspellings which grossly change the interpretations of key sentences. If the "Badtimes" message is opened in a Windows95/98 environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub. It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk. **WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.** And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20 seconds the wind will change direction and you'll get stuck that way.
It has been a long time, and most of the below isn't right anymore. Will update soon...
Who am I? Well, for starters my username, Anml4ixoye breaks out to Animal (like the Muppet drummer) 4 IXOYE. I gained the nickname while playing as a drummer for a Christian Punk/ska band called Atomsmashers Named Suzie. I am male, and am 24. I currently work as a programmer for a local government entity and am the Assistant Chief for the Lutz Volunteer Fire Department. I still play music - I play guitar and piano as well. My passions are music, cooking and photography. I promise to send a batch of homemade cookies to anyone who /msgs me with where to send them. I live in an apartment complex that has 4,000 people.
I have pictures up for those who are excited by that kind o' thing:
- Me at work: http://www.cornetdesign.com/images/cory_desk.jpg
- Me with one of our fire engines: http://www.cornetdesign.com/images/cory_fire_truck.jpg
- My proposal to my fiancee: http://www.cornetdesign.com/trip.html
- Kick butt pictures of E2ers dressed up in Fire Gear
from Nothing Says Softcore Like Florida In January: A Surrealistic Florida Adventure: http://e2.panamaus.org/Tampa (thx Panamaus!)
- Picture Gallery of random things: http://www.cornetdesign.com/picshome.html
When you fall in a bottomless pit,
you die of starvation
Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there. I did not die.
Marzipan says that I'm the best drummer she's ever heard
- Planck time
- Mel Sharples
- heat lightning
- Hazmat Placard
- visual everything
- raindrop impressions
- even if we're not together
- All That You Can't Leave Behind
- She's Already Made Up Her Mind
- How to make a halo of fire in Photoshop
- E2 Lag Reduction Suggestions for Noders
- Did you once stand before me without shame?
- Maybe There's a Little Bit of Godzilla in All of Us
- Jean Paul Sartre's Answering Machine Message
- Alternative methods for cooking microwave popcorn
- How Martha Stewart eats a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
- The difference between being "naked" and being "nekkid"
- The shadow is going away. You can breathe again. The past is closed.
- Say what has always been said, believe what has always been believed
- What would happen if an immovable object were confronted with an unstoppable force?
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
- Only at Chuck E. Cheese's, in the small hours with a gun in my hand, do I feel truly alive
- Freedom is under threat from Guns, Abortions, and Children's Television. A debate.
- Sometimes at night I ride the trains, and this is what I think
- I wanted to write a poem that you would understand (idea)
- Some nights, I lie in my bed and stare up at the stars. . .
- Technology, Religion, and Literature in Ancient Sumeria
- When you see smoke under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Letter of resignation of U.S. Diplomat Ann Wright
- Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning (idea)
- Her raised middle finger came into focus
- I finally realize you're gone forever
- Pull over for emergency vehicles
- clientdev: new XML ticker output
- Simple Object Access Protocol
- Look, there's God. (person)
- Surviving a fire in your car
- Rain does that to people
- time management
- bleeding on paper
- Adventure Island
- edev: User Data
- Thomas Parr
- Fire Fighting
This space intentionally left blank