Back when Cheers
was still in production it shared a studio
with the set of Star Trek
: The Next Generation
on the Paramount
lot. Both shows being long running
and produced by the same studio, they ended up sharing crew, writers and producers, and eventually, cast members, a habit that got passed on to Frasier
. It turns out that a lot of Cheers
cast members are Trekkers
- Kirstie Alley (Rebecca Howe) played Saavik in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier Crane) appears as Captain Morgan Bateson in the TNG episode Cause and Effect.
- Kelsey Grammer can also be heard as Captain Bateson in Star Trek: First Contact. It's uncredited, but listen for when the Federation goes into battle against The Borg. Starfleet audio is carrying the battle, and an admiral orders the Bozeman to attack, to which Grammer's voice (in recycled footage from "Cause and Effect") says "Acknowledged." (thanks Servo5678)
- Bebe Neuwirth (Lilith Crane) appears as a randy alien in the TNG episode First Contact.
- DS9's Morn is named after Cheers' Norm.
- Ted Danson (Sam Malone) was the host of the 30th Anniversary gala in 1996.
- At that same gala, Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) acted in a sketch with Peri Gilpin (Roz Doyle), David Hyde Pierce (Niles Crane), Jane Leeves (Daphne Moon) and John Mahoney (Martin Crane) serving as her bridge crew (thanks althorrat).
- Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) co-starred with Ted Danson in Becker.
- Rene Auberjonois (Odo) appeared in an episode of Frasier as Dr. William Tewksbury (thanks Ereneta) who boinked Roz.
- Dan Butler (Bulldog Brisco) appeared on Voyager in 1998 as Steth (thanks Ereneta).
- Brent Spiner (Data) was a guest star on Cheers in 1982 playing a character called Bill Grand (thanks Ereneta).
- LeVar Burton (Geordi la Forge) guest-starred in an episode of Becker.
- Paul Wilson (Paul in Cheers) appeared on Voyager as Loquar in 1995, episode 7.15 (thanks Ereneta).
- Kate Mulgrew played "Janet Eldridge" in the Cheers three-parter "Strange Bedfellows".
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) guest-starred in an episode of Becker, playing one of Becker's old teachers.
- Leonard Nimoy directed Three Men and a Baby, which starred Ted Danson.
- Anthony Montgomery, who plays Travis Mayweather in Enterprise, had a bit part in the Fraiser episode Something Borrowed, Someone Blue.
- Saul Rubinek who played Donny in Frasier appeared as Kivas Fajo in the TNG episode "The Most Toys". (thanks Accipiter).
- Woody Boyd's middle name was "Tiberius". Woody was, of course, played by Woody Harrelson (thanks Accipiter).
- Patrick Stewart appeared in the Frasier episode "The Doctor Is Out" as Alistair Burke.