I have gotten a total of eighteen hours of sleep in two days. What’s so unusual about that, you ask? Sixteen of them were gotten yesterday. My day went like this:


Simple enough. Today was a little more interesting.

I woke up still wearing my contacts, which of course meant my eyes weren’t feeling too great. Everything was blurry no matter how many times I blinked, and being the stubborn child I am, I refused to take them out no matter how much sense that would have made. Instead, I drove to school in the dark with my eyes shut (one at a time, of course) and unable to see clearly. What an adventure.

Had a critique in A.P. art first hour. My piece was well received and I got a lot of good feedback from everyone, so my spirits were lifted after having my eyes feel full of sand for an hour and a half. There were a lot of good pieces up today, and quite a few not-so-wonderful ones too. For high school students, though, most were excellent.

A.P. Stats was a bore, but not as bad as usual. We worked in groups on our survey projects that are due next week. We have to make three-way tables relating several variables together, look for Simpson’s Paradox, and make a million other graphs and charts to explain why the color of your toothbrush reflects the inner meaning of life. Waste of time, but somewhat interesting. Good way to spend third hour; talking with friends, making fun of the valedictorian of the class of 2001 -- how could we not? His name is Thaddeus Wilson, his mother is the choir director, and he wears purple shirts on an almost-daily basis. He was sitting right next to us, anyway. Irresistible.

Lunch was interesting. Bobby and I hopped in my car, pumped The Prodigy, and made it to Taco Bell in two minutes thanks to some shifty driving on my part. We then found five bucks in the bottom of my purse after sitting in the drive thru line for a few minutes. We spontaneously decided to go to McDonalds and get some real fast food, just as the drive thru man was saying “How can I help you?” I couldn't just leave the d00d waiting for me to say something, so I said the first thing that came to mind: ”Hey, never mind. See ya later.” The last words were shouted cause I was driving away. That was pretty rude, huh? I think we’ll go back tomorrow and apologize.

I drove back to school balancing a steaming bag of grease on my lap while shifting gears and trying to keep my tub of Coke from tipping over. Exciting.

Fifth hour was uneventful. We took notes on Classical Conditioning for the tenth class period in a row it seems. Pavlov was cool and all, but I’m sick of reading about his slobbery dogs listening to metronomes.

Seventh hour was a blast. Our group of four was permitted to practice our play in the hallway during class (how second grade, I know). It’s called “Quiet thyself and Die, Wench!” We were randomly assigned words to create a play based on, and our ‘words’ were king, Bob, Colonial time period, and drug deal gone bad. Hmmm. This made for an interesting play, as the title suggests. I won’t go into details, but if you are interested in seeing it performed, it’ll be next Thursday at about two in the afternoon at West Ottawa High School in Holland, MI. Free admittance, if you can get through the locked doors and cattle gates.

The rest of my day has been dull in comparison.

and happy birthday
to the one and only
Evil Catullus.