Everything Snapshot

Time: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 00:14:47 GMT
Everything server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
Number of nodes: 409785 (8980 new since February 18, 2000)
Number of users: 12037 (206 new since February 18, 2000)
Number of links: 501658 (70489 new since February 18, 2000)

Users Online: New Nodes:
It's only been March 1 for 3 hours now. I won't sleep til tomorrow though. I am tired, mentally.. emotionally.. not tired.. just blah

I talked to this hot guy aquaintence I met a few years ago. He is married, and faithful as far as I know. He is a flirt though. I feel slightly guilty for flirting back, although it is innocent.

I am scatterbrained tonite. My ex called me a spaz. And my damn amazon.com order didn't come yet. Fuck them.

I feel very uncreative tonite. I actually sat down to re-do my webpage, and just sat there.. staring.. I have an "artsy" one, and a plain one.. and I just stared at both.. not even up to updating either one. bleh.

Am I insane, or is it wishful thinking?
Well, at least one night went by without one of our cars getting keyed. I guess that's good. Filed a police report yesterday, since it really pissed me off.

Saw this morning that Al Gore is very likely our next president. Bill Bradley likely won't make it, and the republican party seems to want to stay behind the Weasel who's got so many past problems that he won't make it. They somehow seem to not to want the candidate that can actually be elected to the White House.

Though I still shudder at the remote possibility that the Weasel makes it in to office.

Anyone up for a Calvin and Hobbes in 2000 write-in campaign?

Leap Day - Next Day

<RANT>
Asamoth, you either have a habit of catching me in a bad mood, or creating one in me. The latter applies right now. Firstly, in the late summer of 1988, polls showed Michael Stanley Dukakis with a double-digit lead over Vice President Bush. Did Professor Dukakis win the election? So maybe your gloating about seeing pollster tea leaves should become a bit more muted?

Secondly, before you whine about "weasels", learn to spell it right, or you'll get a "political script kiddie" tag mounted on your ass again.

Thirdly, before you whine about weasels, would you mind answering some questions for George W. Bush (they're a year old, but I think only one has been answered so far), a brainless, overgrown frat boy from a corrupt, though endearing, family, before you pick on some figure in a minor campaign fundraising snafu. Everybody does it, if you haven't bothered to look - there are Buddhist Temples everywhere, so to speak, yet people have managed to fixate on this Gore thing. We've had thirty years of "campaign finance reform" that has only served to delineate the shifting rules that divide "legal" unethical politics from "illegal" unethical politics. It's flat-out stupid and tendentious to fixate on small fry like Maria Hsia while ignoring big fish (or, more appropriately, sharks) like Dwayne Andreas. They all swim in the same polluted waters with thousands of other fishies and fishie-type things. Maybe we should put some elbow grease into cleaning the waters instead of playing ineffectual, partisan, immature little playground games, picking apart small fry.

Finally, in your guise as political and cultural orator, maybe you should take a whiff of your own advice: STFU.
</RANT>

There. I feel better now.

There was the most beautiful sunset in Albuquerque, New Mexico today. It was cloudy all day but right before sunset, the sun came out from behind the clouds. The sky was completely gray, but, for just a few minutes before dark, it was as though the city was lit from the side. It only lasted about 4 minutes before the sun disappeared past the horizon. Spectacular.

It's the beginning of March, and in turn will be the month of Hell for me. I will have to juggle mid-terms, visits to the cast of Chicago: The Musical, Ute Lemper in Carnegie Hall, and two visits to Seth Rudetsky's Broadway Chatterbox.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.