is appropriate for parties and get-togethers in the warm weather
months and is easy to make. These directions make enough for about 20 cupfuls.
Ingredients and equipment:
- 2 quarts (~1.9 liters) of ginger ale, chilled
- 6 scoops of raspberry or orange sherbet
- 1 unpeeled orange, thinly sliced
- 10 ice cubes
- a large punch bowl
- punch cups or just cups
- bottle opener
- Pour the ginger ale into the punch bowl.
- Add the sherbet, breaking up each spoonful so that it melts. (Rum, champagne, or any spirits can be added here as desired).
- Put in the ice cubes and stir.
- Add the orange slices for decoration.
- Pour the punch into cups and serve.