Last update: Thursday, January 3, 2002 at 04:37:18
The gathering was a tremendous success! Warm weather (by Florida winter standards) graced us all, and in spite of a worrisome landlord and property management company, everyone had a wonderful time. My eternal gratitude goes out to all of you who drove for hours and days to spend some part of five days with 37 other noders and a few non-noder guests. We made magic and memories, and it was worth it.
Come all ye miscreant Everythingians! Gather 'round!
(and ye would-be naysayers, take note!)
— PRESENTING —
a STUPENDOUS noder gathering in FLORIDA of
Held at the water's edge, upon the sugar-white sands of
THE WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES!
Gasp in AWE at the near COMPLETE ABSENCE of tourists!
(Elderly Canadian nationals excluded)
Be AMAZED at the breath-taking BEAUTY of the GULF COAST!
(Picking sea oats is illegal)
SWOON at the incredible LUXURY
of ample BEDS and SHOWER FACILITIES!
(Municipal water and power included - bottled water is optional)
— FEATURING —
A complete ABSENCE of
It is virtually
that there will be NO
LIVE NUDE LESBIANS!
— PLUS —
at the big fish fry, there will likely be no
It's almost TOO GOOD to be true! And yet,
THIS IS ALL TRUE.
(No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied. Travel at your own risk.)
An Everything2 New Year's Celebration
held right smack dab on the
EASTERN/CENTRAL TIME ZONE LINE
A veritable TWO FOR ONE party
Ring in new year TWICE... legitimately!
ONCE in Eastern Standard Time, and then
AGAIN an hour later in Central Standard Time
FREE CHAMPAGNE at BOTH MIDNIGHTS!
The Forgotten Coast
"The Beaches," Florida
Mexico Beach • Beacon Hill • St. Joe Beach
RIGHT ON THE BEACH
(I SWEAR TO GOD!)
Gigantic BONFIRE and
spectacular FIREWORKS included
(please leave your firearms at home)
December 28, 2001 — January 1, 2002
Actual attendees were
General Lee and wife
Fine, and you?
plus two guests (all with private lodging)
WonkoDSane and SundayGirl!
Because the family wants to be together again.
And because I said I would.
Incidental background information
, I opened my big mouth and said something like "This is so cool, I'm gonna host a gathering of my own one of these days." And somebody heard it. And it got passed around. And one date floated by and then another. Then Holland
came and went, as did New Orleans
. And again, I opened my big mouth and said similar words, citing a certain date. And so promises are promises (even if I didn't actually sign anything). So I'm as good as my word, dammit!
what we ate, and ate, and ate...
- Breakfast - Prepared by ccunning and ModernAngel
- scrambled eggs with cheese
- coffee, milk, juice
- Dinner - Prepared by panamaus
- black bean burritos - a delicious vegetarian meal!
- Supper - Prepared by your hosts
- Fried fish (grouper, mullet, et al)
- Boiled shrimp (per Bitca's family recipe)
- Apalachicola oysters on the half shell
- potato salad
- cole slaw
- baked beans
- green salad
- assorted fried veggies (squash, eggplant, pickles even!)
- hush puppies
- Baked Alaska for dessert (no, not really)
New Year's Eve
- Dining out at the Port St. Joe marina
- Brunch - Prepared by radlab0 and ModernAngel
- Buttermilk Pancakes!
- a variety of fresh fruit toppings or syrup
- scrambled eggs
- coffee, milk, juice
New Year's Day
- Supper - Prepared by ccunning
- mixed green salad with vinegrette
- Turkey Gumbo a la Cunningham
- crusty bread
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert
- Dinner - Prepared by General Lee
- seasoned black-eyed peas with onion on the side
- collard greens
- rice (for those who like Hoppin' John)
2001.11.17 at 19:20 (Wonkoalition) Mitchevious says a cornfed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a circus midget, a flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, yo-yos, my grandma riding by a bicycle, and a duck
2001.11.18 at 00:44 (Wonkoalition) Mitchevious says said items are interested in going to FL with me
And now I present my friend and favorite E2 ass, brassmule, with his wicked cool Carpool O' Noders! (+ beer)