According to ccunning's write-up in HOT DAMN!: Drinking, Debauchery, and Dastardly Deeds (and now many from other gathering nodes), I make a mean cookie. People, you can too! It's easy!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls two inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown
- Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet
That's it people! You can do it!
*If you are making multiple batches, it is easier to do them separately. The ingredients mix in better.
* The trick is all of the flour. Most recipes call for 3 cups of flour at the most. The extra flour makes a rounder softer cookie. But, if you find you have added too much flour (is that possible?) and your dough is dry, just add some milk to the dough!