Quite a long time without a daylog, I see.
There have been changes, or rather changes are imminent! the 31st will be my last day on the job at the Irritating Lump Company, located in the quiet hamlet of Mexico City, Mexico.
Two days afterwards, I will jet back to Italy. New context, new place (Ivrea) and new job as well.

Boss baffo turns into Prof. baffo, more precisely Senior Associate Professor Baffo. Senior: how very something or the other. I hope I survive. I hope my students don't stone me immediately.
I am quite excited about going back to my country. I have been living outside (in the US, France and Mexico, with a brief vacation interlude in Mali) for six years now. Italy, meanwhile, underwent political change and everybody now has a cellphone.
I will see the changes for myself, in the first days of June.
My father has retired, and my parents are moving to Milano. My sister started University. Many of my friends have married, and some already have kids. Things have changed, how fucking original. I hope I will adapt rapidly to the different circumstances.

I am also sad about leaving all my friends here, mibarra, Miss Nice, the Lesser Kahuna (both the new and old), all these people that I codename to avoid embarassing them, have come to mean much for me over two years.
Friendships are easier here than in the United States, let me assure you.
And of course, of course, leaving Mexico entails being thousands of kilometers away from my ex-SO, and this is bad, because we are quite close in our way, and we will miss each other.
Even if she read erosion of memory and she was not happy about it.
I am making copies of the slides I took in Mali, to give her.

Regarding E2, plenty of nuking and not too much noding, I am afraid. Well, maybe one decent writeup about Popski's Private Army, a fascinating history fragment. When I grow up, I want to be like Lieutenant-Colonel Vladimir Peniakoff, who proved that you can indeed be a hero in your middle age - if you are prepared. And, of course, if you have the requisite solid brass nuts.
I also liked noding Camera Work and Imogen Cunningham.


<---oOo--->

All my nukes and edits and things for this month are in Editor Log: May 2001