my policy: I log all the nukes that are not done at the user's request. All nukes have an explanation. Notice that if you (non-editor user) find nuke-worthy stuff, you can always /msg me - I will think about it.
This log also contains subjects that need to be written up, so if you are need a worthy theme for your inspiration this is a good place to look.
If I do node editing, that's to say I go in and modify another user's writeup, I always msg the user, unless it is a really trivial spelling fix.
Thu May 3 11:43:03 CDT 2001
- Mike Oldfield by Zach because: superseded, mercy
- Mike Oldfield by slim because: superseded, mercy
(NB: Hermes_we's WU on Mike Oldfield rocks. Great job.)
- scum by MagicWiz because: kind of pointless
- scum by GtHS because: entirely pointless
- Power in Cars by Web Head because: rant, no point
(NB: mercyfully: a newbie)
- cool, tight-fitting spandex by csm because: a one liner, sitting
- mongo by csm because: "person to whom 'For Mongo' was dedicated".
- marijuana spending by marvin42 because: info available elsewhere,
(NB: mercy, user msg'd)
- screwed by MagicWiz because: boring Clinton reference
- day by MagicWiz because: yawn
- day by Racaille because: link to weekdays. not very useful.
- night by MagicWiz because: severely boring
- BOOTP by Racaille because: superseded two words WU
- CCITT by Racaille because: superseded, uninformative
- telco by Avenger because: E1 remain, inflammatory
- telco by gunga-din because: E1 remain, flamage
- testra by avenger because: E1 remain, superseded, very little info
- telstra by tres equis because: vide supra
These nodes need work: chastity belt
Every now and then, I stumble across these epic sagas of sex, drugs and good writing. Start with bejewel and go on from there. Enjoy the parallel slalom by riverrun and dannye.
By now, my editing method should be obvious: I wander, more
or less at random, and when I find a particularly "promising" user, I do a user
search on him and go through all his writeups. If it is a very productive user,
I may sort them by reputation, but reputation is not a great indicator.
There are very crappy WUs with high reps.
I deleted a total of 18 WUs (4 without XP loss).
Tue May 8 18:00:47 CDT 2001
mass mauled Blackavar (14 nodes): chatroom(info free one liner from E1. superseded.) Socialists(both wrong and offensive) sitcoms(no info) Graham Chapman(one liner, no info) GCHQ(one liner, superseded) the geek house(no see also WUs) then(E1 remain) assrape(vide supra) lameness(the state of this writeup) deadly force("get thee to a search engine". Grump.) mountain biker(flamage, not amusing) Dead Parrot(obvious reference to the Dead Parrot Sketch) ignoranto elenchi(it is either ignorantia elenchi or ignoratio elenchi, not something in the middle) political(superseded by Webster)
Kudos to nodepie for responding to my plea and noding deadly force.
I deleted a total of 25 WUs (7 without XP loss).
Thu May 10 23:20:12 CDT 2001
- I need employment by sane_guy because: belongs in a daylog. User msg'd.
- Why I'm going to punch George Lucas in the Throat the next time I see him. by CzarKhan Shanoyu dragoon Ameno der_wolf because: unsustainable title, Star Wars rant, bleah
- Boycott all future Olympics, regardless of where they're held by Monkey because: learning how to read is an important task for a noder
- nethack by jtkirk01 because: ok, so nethack is lame. Why not tell us why?
(NB: user msg'ed)
- if you don't look, you deserve to fall in by Tabs because: topic drift is very dangerous
- if you don't look, you deserve to fall in by jtkirk01 because: weak WU, again drifting
(NB: mercy, in consideration of newbieness)
- Sabotage by malyn because: no info, no fun
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by Pr0n K1ng because: we are not amused, and it was at -9, and it was a lame idea in general
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by SanjuroE because: too original to live in this cruel world, ad at -7
- I 've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by mat catastrophe because: right in principle, but it stopped making sense
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by anomie because: TWAJS
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by Kallen because: boring, not very amusing
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by eric because: ok, popular music sucks, next concept
- I've figured out how to stop people from pirating mp3's by Agent000 because: it may be data, but it ain't information
(NB: topic drift kills, but I had mercy)
- mdk by Pr0n K1ng because: Death by Quality
- The node linked to all others crashed konqueror by Sir Norris because: ... and one day my Netscape crashed! this is really news.
- The node linked to all others crashed konqueror by Pr0n K1ng because: and now it doesn't crash it any more. Exciting.
- Comparasion by gimpboy because: we don't node typos
zgirll nodes good stuff.
Nodes that need work: Cecil Rhodes.
I deleted a total of 18 WUs (7 without XP loss).
Fri May 11 22:06:42 CDT 2001
mricicle writes good stuff!
excellent smurfing WU by Jonath
I deleted a total of 11 WUs (11 without XP loss).
Mon May 14 22:13:51 CDT 2001
I deleted a total of 6 WUs (0 without XP loss).
original logfile: 1205.txt
Thu May 17 00:03:45 CDT 2001
I deleted a total of 2 WUs (1 without XP loss).
original logfile: 1605.txt
Tue May 22 00:15:08 CDT 2001
I deleted a total of 9 WUs (6 without XP loss).
original logfile: 1705.txt
Tue May 22 20:03:19 CDT 2001
Nodes that need work:
recce lieutenant colonel.
I deleted a total of 8 WUs (3 without XP loss).
original logfile: 2205.txt
Wed May 23 23:56:26 CDT 2001
Thanks to Jurph for noding recce!
I deleted a total of 2 WUs (1 without XP loss).
original logfile: 2305.txt
Mon May 28 20:52:02 CDT 2001
kudos to matilda that noded lounge girl by popular request.
I deleted a total of 8 WUs (1 without XP loss).
original logfile: 2405.txt
Tue May 29 19:33:51 CDT 2001
- G.K. Chesterton by ainsje because: linkless, and completely superseded by viterbiSearcher's smashing writeup
- printable version by whitemole because: idle musings, no information
(NB: mercy - newbie)
- tribes by SuperV because: *yawn* writeups that compare games without saying one is better than the other will die. Violently.
- tribes by Dark Horse because: rather charming writeup, but it dies because it is totally off topic
- Bookers Scotch on Rocks w/ Water Chase(mmmm) by bnsNrice because: ok, so Bookers Scotch is really nice. But why?
- Mexican food is NOT bad for you by bnsNrice because: much as I agree with the title, the node is vague rambling, contains a Spanish grammar error and vague bad science bullshit
(NB: user msg'ed, no reaction)
- eminem by redeemer because: "Original name Marshall Bruce Mathers III (The 3rd)." - factual, but too short. And it was at -5.
- O Captain! My Captain! by mouse because: "Wasn't this poem also referring to Christ??" - I don't know, tell me. But don't node your question.
- Wherever you go, there you are by Spydr because: It may be Zen, but it looks like a platitude.
(NB: mercy, because today I am nice person)
- Wherever you go, there you are by datagirl because: vide supra
- Wherever you go, there you are by wintersweet because: vide supra
Nodes that need work: aerogel drill bit bore sigthing.
I deleted a total of 11 WUs (5 without XP loss).
original logfile: 2905.txt
Wed May 30 21:44:04 CDT 2001
- Hydroplaning isn't just a river in Egypt by qeyser because: Don't make shit up, not very funny
- H. P. Lovecraft by MIU because: E1 remain, superseded
- H. P. Lovecraft by Quizro because: vide supra
- flying by wonko because: E1 remain, superseded
- Mexican food is NOT bad for you by bnsNrice because: it sucked yesterday, and it still sucks tomorrow
- National Institute of Public Health by bnsNrice because: if it is a Mexican institution, it should be noded under its real name: Insituto Nacional de Salud Pública. Bizarrely enough, public organizations in Mexico tend to have names in Spanish.
- Tell Tale Heart by bnsNrice because: superseded
- S & M by mrhandstand because: already there under S&M and BDSM and who knows where else. In this place of perversion, what would you expect.
- Your eyeballs rotate the opposite way to your head by Tabs because: I will believe many things before I believe that we have gyroscopes inside our eyeballs. But what is this whirring noise? AYEEE!
- high school by evilsock because: ok, so high school sucks and you are a fucking genius and you should not go through it.
- high school by oomnyptitsa because: newbie, spouting high and mighty, including URL. BEWM
(NB: mercy for the newbie)
- Daria by WhizzKidd because: typos, and unexplained opinions
I nuked a daylog of mine, that I had posted under the WRONG DATE. How silly can one be, I wonder.
anthropod added a very useful WU to the tortilla node.
mmm ... wild rice
I deleted a total of 12 WUs (7 without XP loss), which means violent activity in impassionate mode.
original logfile: 3005.txt
The radioactive wasteland of Editor Log: April 2001 - the blasted deserts of Editor Log: June 2001