These are all my editing sessions for the month of March. /msg me with complaints, suggestions and Persian Blue kittens.
I was happily slacking in Hermosillo, and while mibarra was convincing Sonorans of the excellence of PERL, the dangers of excessively permissive NFS shares and in the inherent goodness of EMACS, I axed:
chouky by Cermain, the reason being Don't make shit up, particularly if it is not funny shit.
Mon Mar 5 18:42:01 CST 2001
Today the net sucked really really bad. I have the feeling that Telmex once again poured huitlacoche into one of their routers.
Mon Mar 5 23:22:22 CST 2001
- baroque by benj because: import from E1, just a see also.
- baroque by Tabs because: information free
(NB: "Harpsichord kicks ass", wow, how insightful)
- cheesy pick-up lines by boodhakhan because: Like we needed a definition of a cheesy pick up line.
(NB: Most of the node sucks)
- eksil by freddy4love because: "Another misspelt word." was the whole WU content.
(NB: this gives a new depth to the NFN concept)
Little hamster-shaped cookies of appreciation to Xamot for noding baroque in response to my pleading.
Tue Mar 6 22:07:55 CST 2001
This should not be just a log of destruction. I would like to mention the excellent Urban Geography of Vancouver, BC by pseudo_intellectual. He said this, which I liked enough to save it here:
I figure so many of us are ignoring the topic about which we know the most and about which the rest of us here know nothing... every aspect of every inhabited area has interesting stories associated with it. It's only through the undertaking of a project such as this that I'm provided the framework to systematically share all these stories in all their glorious cross-referentiality 8)
Plus I figure it's a handy reference for people who want to visit or might even be considering moving here 8)
now of course I've thrown the gauntlet; if you truly appreciate what I'm doing you owe it to us and to yourself to contribute similar information based on your location. 8)
Coolness distilled: I was a prisoner in a Mexican whorehouse. Embarassing honesty, well written, a good story.
Wed Mar 14 00:45:10 CST 2001
fixed some typos in Nikon FG.
fixed jwz: X Selections, X Cut Buffers, and Emacs Kill Rings, grievously broken because of huge PRE block, generated by sucky cut-and-paste technique.
Thu Mar 15 00:19:44 CST 2001
- Mali by AU because: this is a cut and paste from the CIA Factbook. The only problem is that it is about Malawi, not Mali. I'll delete it before all the Aboubakar Traore of the world get pissed off at us.
(NB: and it is repeated under Malawi as well)
- smelly by jrsmith because: no info, E1 remnant
- tail by Cermain because: superseded by other writeup
(NB: no XP penalty)
- war by rescdsk because: parochial, factually wrong. Tell that to the Colombians.
- quotation by keflex because: not cute enough to survive
- mp3.com by Neuromantic because: inflamatory, no information
- mp3.com by nonexistent because: vague one liner, no info
- goober grape by nonexistent because: Don't make up shit ... especially if you will not softlink it
- goober strawberry by nonexistent because: Don't make up shit
- peters township by nonexistent because: no information, no capitals, just flames
- mc curray by nonexistent because: no information, just pissing and moaning
- Jennie359 by nonexistent because: irrilevantia mater est deletionis
- dirty bussinessman by nonexistent because: "describes everyone at http://www.compasstar.com"
- !bad by nonexistent because: unworthy of disk space
- pez.org by nonexistent because: no info, no fun
- domain names by nonexistent because: "examples: slashdot.org pez.org geektweaked.com aolsucks.com"
(NB: gotta kill the nodeshell too)
- nonexistence by nonexistent because: bad philosophy kills
- Grandmaster Flash by nonexistent because: no information, superseded
(NB: killed without penalty)
- Grandmaster Flash by Swern because: superseded
(NB: killed with no XP penalty)
- Flathead screwdriver by panthers95 because: no description
Today, for reasons unknown, for some minutes I was not able to delete nodes. This made me feel unworthy. But now all is fine.
User nonexistent is eminently axworthy.
Glory ! mdwyer wrote a good WU on Phillips screwdriver !
Thu Mar 15 22:56:00 CST 2001
- spinal cord by BorisVian because: deleted without penalty, in agreement with user: the WU has been moved to syringomyelia, where it fits better
- school by Jim71 because: fucked up grammar, thoroughly unpleasant
- Europe by cpwright because: superficial (I mean, a one-liner about Europe ?)
(NB: superseded by Uberfetus' excellent WU)
- Zulu by loose_cannon because: "Kick ass language spoken around Southern Africa ... Waaaay better than afrikaans."
(NB: I nuked it because I could not bear the profundity)
- Blink182 by barney_5bb because: E1 remain, little info, superseded
- Blink182 by tftv256 because: two lines, two flames
- war by umquam because: "War is simply a bad translation of the message of peace"
(NB: Again, too much profundity made my head hurt)
I am an army of one is good.
Mon Mar 19 21:36:00 CST 2001
- koala by Anonymous Sniper because: not much info, superseded
- stupid chinese by owlman because: Do you really need to make a WU to tell us that, indeed, really stupid Chinese people exist ?
(NB: the answer starts with N)
- fluorescent lighting by qbert because: "Light generated by running electricity through a tube full of, uhm, fluorescent light crap." ... and it only gets worse
- Stone Temple Pilots by qbert because: inflamatory, no info
- Fuck Racism by qbert because: yawn
- Fuck Racism by Frater 219 because: fairly lame-ass joke
- lose it by qbert because: "control, that is"
- Achaean by qbert because: thou shalt suffer no writeup with the word "whatnot"
- literal graphicmasturbation by qbert because "You know, like pictures of people masturbating on your screen." (NB: nodeshell remained)
- syllable by qbert because: superseded by Webster
(NB: mercy kill)
- humanking by qbert because: Webster did it better
(NB: mercy kill)
- out-of-the-closet by qbert because: mercy killed
(NB: (should not have dashes))
- Masculinity by qbert because: bizarre, off topic stuff. Mercy killed.
(NB: in dubio pro reo)
- Real Academia Español by qbert because: flamebait, no info, bad spelling
- biologist by qbert because: no improvement over Webster
- fluorescent light crap by qbert because: node what you know
- pineal body by qbert because: not nuked because I am a Discordian
(NB: Be just, and if you can't be just, be arbitrary)
- Attacking by qbert because: no information at all
- Attacking by heathen_bastard because: pure NFN
- direct contact by qbert because: definition of hot water
- Attempting by qbert because: totally right, totally factual, totally worthless
- recur by qbert because: "to happen again and again"
(NB: Webster did it better)
- boffing sticks by qbert because: fixed a square bracket
- subtantive by qbert because: factually wrong: no improvement on Webster
- capable by qbert because: see Webster's
- decide by qbert because: see Webster's
(NB: I can't understand why he wrote this stuff, coming as it did after the autonoding of Webster)
- liquefy by qbert because: vide supra
- disrespect by qbert because: vide supra
Just noded filter. This could be the start of another sequence of insanely boring photography writeups.
We need a good silicone writeup. And a good Aeneid writeup.
the insomnia node is in great need of an editor inspection.
I don't hate qbert, in fact I don't hate any noder.
ROTFL of the day: How to urinate standing up
Fri Mar 23 00:07:18 CST 2001
I propose that the collective noun for E2 editors be "fesnyng". After all we are not unlike ferrets: hyperactive, inquisitive and dedicated to destruction.
Nodes that need work: Laurie Anderson
Here endeth the month of March. More editorial activities and destruction under: Editor Log: April 2001.