As I work in New Jersey, I know that I'd not make the dinner on time; based on what I've heard and seen perhaps I should be glad.

Somehow, though I think it might've been better than what I had to witness at the Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst, NJ - line dancing lessons which further progressed to line dancing to the Backstreet Boys. But that's a tale for another time.

After a friendly coworker was kind enough to drive me to Hoboken, I took the PATH train into Manhattan and walked my way over to Tracy J's. As I didn't get to the bar 'till about 10:55, I figured everyone would be there and settled - thus making it easier for me to find these people I've never met.

A Duke game was ending, and thus the bar was quite crowded - but the bouncer directed me to the back of the bar when I asked where the Yon party was. I wandered through the screaming fans looking for some sign (Loon had told me to look for a tall asian guy) or some familiar looking faces (I'd read with interest of past events and seen pictures) but several beers must've clouded my memories.

Toward the back was a large party of assorted folk, and some looked strangely familiar. So, I did the logical thing - I asked if they were from Everything2 and got strange looks in return. Quietly, I returned to my observation post 'till I saw everyone else arrive.

I met people, I drank beer, I saw people sing and I had a grand old time. It was nice to put faces to usernames, and to meet new people and if invited, I'd like to attend other such gatherings so that I may speak to those I didn't get to chat with.

Side Note: Based on information in the above writeups, and a conversation with Loon I have discovered why the other party looked familiar - they work for Lehman Brothers apparently, and I know someone they work with. She often throws parties and I must've seen them there before.

It is a small world after all.