The definitive asshole of the Babylon 5 series. He works as a high-level PsiCop and the head of many orginizations within the Psi Corps, including the Black Omega Squadron (a unit of space fighter pilots who are also extrodinary telepaths). He has a P12 rating, the highest possible rating for a human telepath except under extreme circumstances. His main task is usually acting as an incredibly annoying negotiator for the Psi Corps whenever there is something they need from B5. His other function is to make Michael Garibaldi's life a living hell, for various reasons. An arrogant, dryly witty man, he also believes that one day telepaths will become the dominant race amoung humans and holds non-telepaths in amused contempt. He always has a hidden agenda, without exception. In fact, he usually has a couple layers of them, both professional and personal. He is played by Walter Koenig, who played Commander Chekov in the original Star Trek.

Bester is one of the highest-ranking Psi Cops in the Babylon 5 universe. He was named after Alfred Bester in recognition of the fact that the Straczynski's idea for the Psi Corps was derived from the Esper Guild in the novel The Demolished Man.

Alfred Bester in addition to the above is not a complete asshole, just mostly.

Note that much of the information given below can be found in the series of Babylon 5 Novels dealing with the birth of the Psi Corps.

Bester is the son of the two primary founders of the resistance. When I say resistance I mean the resistance movement to the Psi Corps. Bester is the grandson of the primary founder of the Psi Corps, who was a United States senator.

After his parents died in a raid, Bester was recovered by the Psi Corps. He was recovered by his grandfather after the operative sent to recover him had a change of heart. Said operative was eliminated and Bester was quickly placed into the corps training program.

The rest of Bester's career is covered on the television show Babylon 5

At some point later in life, Bester loses his memory after trying to flee from men sent by Garibaldi in France. Bester then proceeds to live a life as an artist for a few years, slowly regaining his memory. Three years later, by chance he meets Michael Garibaldi.

Needless to say, a confrontation occured.

He dies a few years later at the rebuilt Psi Corp facilities on Earth.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.