Updated: You mom's birthday, 2027

Joke, n.

This is continually a work in progress. I will be upkeeping this, for your perusal and enjoyment.

Listed below are jokes on E2. They are sorted by categories and by date within each category. I am sorting them this way so that if you revisit this, you can easily find the newer jokes. Some jokes may fit more than one category. If you feel I have categorized a joke incorrectly, please send a god/editor a /msg insulting his close relatives.

I will be glad for assistance in upkeeping this. Please /msg me with hardlinks to jokes, or tell me if a joke has been removed. Also /msg me with suggestions and/or comments.

The Jokes

'A monkey, a Rastafarian and an Evangelist ...' jokes
Animal and plant jokes
Dirty Jokes
Jokes for kids and discerning adults
Jokes for mixed company
Long Winded Jokes
Musical jokes
Professional jokes
Puns (and spoonerisms)
Religious Jokes
'Tasteless' Jokes
'Why did the chicken cross the road' jokes
Other (maybe these will have a category one day) jokes



Thanks to all the people who have helped me with this w/u, with suggestions and/or submissions: TheBooBooKitty, simonc, Tabs, mkb, AnBolb, Rameriez, NightWriter, jrn





Neither Footprints nor Footprints corp. accept any responsibility for the humor content of the previous nodes or lack thereof. You expressly agree that the use of this node is at your own risk. You also agree not to hold Footprints or Footprints corp. responsible for the humor content (or lack theoreof) of any node in the list or, indeed, any node at all. The node is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties that it contains links to humorous nodes, fit for a particular purpose, or indeed exists. By reading this sentence you are indicating your acceptance of not holding Footprints responsible for anything, ever.

The information and services provided by the node is similarly provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty of any kind. The humorous value of any writeup in any link provided by the node should be independently verified by you as the user prior to making clicking decisions and or any other decisions based on such information content and services. By breathing you are indicating acceptance of all conditions specified herein.



Joke, n. [L. jocus. Cf Jeopardy, Jocular, Juggler.]

1.

Something said for the sake of exciting a laugh; something witty or sportive (commonly indicating more of hilarity or humor than jest); a jest; a witticism; as, to crack good-natured jokes.

And gentle dullness ever loves a joke. Pope.

Or witty joke our airy senses moves To pleasant laughter. Gay.

2.

Something not said seriously, or not actually meant; something done in sport.

Inclose whole downs in walls, 't is all a joke. Pope.

In joke, in jest; sportively; not meant seriously. -- Practical joke. See under Practical.

 

© Webster 1913.


Joke, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Joked (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Joking.]

To make merry with; to make jokes upon; to rally; to banter; as, to joke a comrade.

 

© Webster 1913.


Joke, v. i. [L. jocari.]

To do something for sport, or as a joke; to be merry in words or actions; to jest.

He laughed, shouted, joked, and swore. Macaulay.

Syn. -- To jest; sport; rally; banter. See Jest.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.