A popular style of joke, based on the misconception that everyone dislikes their mother-in-law. They are best said in an English accent, and must always promote the idea that the mother-in-law is fat/ugly/stupid/hateful etc, and are best punctuated with a high-pitched 'eeeh!' before or after the joke. Similar to 'Yo Mamma' jokes, but a bit of a step up in class (not much of a step though) and usually a bit cleverer.

A few examples...

  • "Eeeh! I wouldn't say my mother-in-law's ugly, but the milkman flirts with me!"
  • "I saw six men punching and kicking my mother-in-law. The wife said; 'Aren't you going to help?' I said; 'No, six should be enough!"
  • "There was a knock at the door, I knew it was the mother in law because all the mice were throwing themselves on the traps."


  • And for all you Viz fans, the Roger Mellie one is (predictably):

  • "Eeeh! My mother-in-law, she's a right cunt."


  • As of about five minutes after creation, this will now become the Mother-In-Law Jokes Metanode /msg yours to me.

  • "What's the definition of mixed emotions? Watching your mother-in-law drive off a cliff in your brand new Jaguar" - Footprints
  • "My mother-in-law's so fat, when see walks down the street, all the weighing machines jump back into the chemist" - TDS (more of a 'Yo Mamma's so fat...' joke, but it is a Goon Show classic)
  • "My mother-in-law isn't so bad, she's a test pilot in the local broomstick factory" - 409
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.