Okay, so it's been three days since he left here for home and he hasn't called. See November 26, 2000 for background info.

It's not that I particularly need to hear his voice at specific intervals. It's just that since he left, things have been vastly different, and I really don't know what to think of it.

But it's not just him that's changed. Yesterday, when I went to my boss to discuss how I should schedule my classes this semester, she informed me that she has decided to cut my job to part time. Nice, considering that would mean my making lots less money and losing my medical insurance. Damn the man. Er, the woman, in this case. So that just added to the whole first half of "It's a Wonderful Life" type of week I'm having.

My friend Rachel tells me that life must suck periodically. She's not helping.

Okay, I'll stop now. Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder.


Afterthought, some eight odd months later: You know that email forward that goes around talking about how some people play certain roles in your life for only a season? Perfect example here. Life is partly about being able to recognize the seasons, the reasons for change, and the importance of moving on. God's in control and he knows what he's doing. When one thing is removed or changed in life, he compensates, and usually it is a better fit. It's getting through the interim that usually is the issue.