What a day. Let me share it with you.

7:30 am
Woke late. It's getting lighter in the mornings as we move towards spring, but it's still too dark for me to wake up easily.

8:00
As I got to the car, a lorry was blocking my path out of the car-park. It was delivering to the shop above which my wife and I live in our rented flat. Clearly I was in for a frustrating morning, so I waited.

8:30
20 miles later and I'm at the back of what looks like a long traffic jam. This is unusual on my route to work. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. I took the opportunity to stretch my arms and tense back, while listening alternately to music (Radio 1) and the news (Radio 4). At this point, I'm only 10 minutes for work, to which I had aimed to arrive a little early; just before 9 am.

9:30
Finally at my desk. Shit. Oh well, no-one really minds. Tomorrow I shall leave earlier. Realise that for the first time I have 2 C!s to give rather than the usual 1. I reached Level 5 last night. Oh yes. More votes to use, more cools to give. An extra power? Oh yes. I can create a new room. That will come in very useful one day, I'm sure. The power I want comes at Level 6 (which feels a looong way off today), when I can display an image on my homenode.

Midday
Today, I have been exclusively noding music. I won't list them here, but this included lots of writeups devoted to Tom Lehrer albums and songs. I was careful to hit ("Do not display in new writeups") when submitting many of them. I don't want to spam the New Writeups nodelet with lyrics. I do support noding lyrics though - especially when they are the comic genius of Mr. Lehrer.

And, in between doing some work, this was my day.

5:30 pm
I'm home again. My wife is ill. There seems to be some kind of flu thing going around. It is my time to make dinner (garlic chicken with chips - pop it in the oven, very little effort). Am I getting old? She felt up to going to the shop (as you now know, this is just downstairs, literally) and asked me if I wanted anything. I replied "Rennie, mint flavoured please". (Rennie is a brand of indigestion tablet. A year ago I would have laughed at myself, but now... well, sometimes you have indigestion. A sensible purchase. A grown-up purchase).

Late
TV: A programme on the Karma Sutra. Typing this daylog while half-watching Sex and the City. Wondering if I will dream tonight. It's been nearly a week since I remembered a dream. Wondering if I can stay up late enough to watch Mark Thomas. Wondering if staying up late will make me more, or less, likely to dream.