Riccotta is a tiny coffee shop located in the middle of the urban Jerusalem center.

The quiet, soothing atmosphere in Riccotta has that rare and highly desired effect of unwinding your body and mind, allowing a couple of friends to sit down and relax, enjoy a cappuccino and discuss countless, meaningless theories and ideas. The fact that Riccotta can contain no more than about 15 people helps to keep the place quiet most of the time. And the prices, my god, it's like living in the early 20th century, you can order twice as much as you would anywhere else and pay a fraction of the cost.

Although the menu doesn't offer a great deal of variety, you can get pretty much everything you need and it'll be delicious. And if you're really lucky and the place isn't packed, and it usually isn't, you can even sit at the counter.

Unfortunately, one of the reasons Riccotta was so appealing was also the main reason it closed - the lack of a crowd. Ricotta was closed on February 7th, 2001 due to financial difficulties.

Only much later did I understand how precisely the Edward Hopper's Nighthawks which was presented there captured the feeling of Riccotta, and anyone who saw it should know what I'm talking about.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.