prev daylog next daylog

I've been sick for a few days, so it's been kind of worthless to write daylogs. I lay around in bed and drank tea with lemon.

Today I went shopping for some basic stuff for my upcoming trip to the dolomites. I got to my car, and there was a parking ticket on it. I live in a neighbourhood where it's quite hard to find parking spaces, especially when you come home late at night. There are quite a few pavements that are illegal to park next to, but the city inspectors, or whatever you call the people who walk around and give parking tickets, turn a blind eye. I've spoken to some, and they told me that they understand how difficult it is to find a place to park your car, so if they see a car with permission to park in the district, parking in an illegal spot, they'll turn a blind eye, as long as it's not blatant (like 1 meter from the pavement). I was parking half & half, where I was not disturbing car or pedestrian movement. I guess the ticket-giver just had a fight with his wife or something.

First of all I scrunched the ticket up into a ball and threw it in the bin, because I'll be damned if I pay for a parking ticket right next to my home. It's already happened a few times. I never paid, and I will never pay. I once even got towed away. I sure learned from that. Never again. Now I park in a way that makes sure they can't tow me away.