There are a few parts of this subject that need to be addressed. Firstly what do you consider white pride? Secondly gay pride and black pride movements have arisen because of a need.

Both homosexuals and black people in America along with many other people in regards to socioeconomic status, gender, religion, race, age, and a number I'm forgetting, have to live with discrimination on a daily basis. These minorities face prejudice and hatred everyday. Pride movements address this. They are a reaction and a support for these people. Just because there is a black pride movement does not mean that there has to be a white pride movement. These pride movements are not saying that being white is wrong, in fact they have nothing to do with white people at all. We should be able to allow people to claim their constitutional equality. Pride movements are soley in support of a group of people who are not in the majority and therefore not on a completely level playing field.

White people do not need a pride movement. What purpose would such a movement serve? White people is such a bad term. Who does this include, those only from Euro-American backgrounds, Jewish people, Arabs-who look white? The black people in the US having come mostly from West Africa in the slave trade have a much greater cultural bond.

I am white and I am not ashamed, I'm happy with the way I am but on a daily basis I think my color affects me much less than if I was a minority. I realize that there are many things that I take for granted that others have to fight and have fought very hard for. Almost all of us face discrimination or prejudice in some area of our life. One way to fight this problem is to look at the areas in which one is a majority. Then whenever you see another within this majority acting out prejudice or discrimination a positive action is to let them know that it is wrong. Take me for example. I am white and heterosexual. If I hear racism or gay-bashing I let those people know that I think that what they have to say is wrong. This can be very effective because it is done by peers, rather then the minorities that the prejudiced people already feel are "inferior" in some way.