for Interactive Killing
. A spoof
(namewise) of the Society for Interactive Literature
. SIK games are a class of games run under the MIT Assassins' Guild
, emphasizing combat and violence. Where a "normal" game might emphasize roleplaying
interactions, gaining political
advantage, or stealing technology
, SIK games are oriented around accomplishing a mission while still surviving
Common SIK game mechanics:
- Hit Points
- Players have some. When they reach zero, fall down. Die in the near future.
- You have some. When the projectile hits someone, they take some damage.
- Use this to give someone some more hit points.
- Doors and Wards
- Things in your way you have to break through.
Some well-known SIK GM teams:
- Demolition, Inc. (aka DemInc)
- Purveyors of Antarctic Base, and the Badlands series.
- Plot-heavy SIK games: Caverns and Caverns 2
- The Andy Conspiracy
- Themed SIK games: Z'ha'dum, Z'ha'dum 2, and Buffy: Armageddon
- SIK Bastards: A rotational GM team (one GM writes, another helps run, and the third gets to be a player)
- Exodus, things from the Nexus universe, X-Com, et al.