This simple and quick dish is a great addition to a day outside by the swimming pool with a couple of friends.
- 1 large pineapple cut into generous chunks.
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced (cores removed).
- 2 oranges, peeled and broken into segments.
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and sliced roughly.
- 2 chillies, deseeded and chopped.
- Zest of 1 lime (squeeze out the lime juice and keep separately).
- 1 sprig of mint.
- 1 250ml tin of coconut milk
- Heat a very thin layer of oil in a wok until piping hot.
- Throw in the chopped chillies, then immediately turn down the heat to low.
- Cook the chillies for about a minute.
- Throw in the pineapple chunks and the apple slices, stir around for about 1 minute.
- Add the mangoes to the mix, and cook further for about 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to high again, and wait until the contents of the wok are real hot (don't forget to stir or it will all stick to the bottom).
- When the contents are really cooking, throw in the lime juice and immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and top with the orange segments
- Garnish with lime zest and chopped mint.
Alternatively, blending the above ingredients with a couple of big spoons of frozen yoghurt or ice cream will make a real good smoothie, but then don’t cook it...just blend it!