This node is dedicated to the fine art of chicken breast preparation. Chicken breast is a fine food... it's high in protein, low in fat, easy to cook, makes your penis/breasts larger, is the solution to lasting world peace, and probably would make a really good president.

A lot of chicken gets consumed in my apartment... you can get a big bag of frozen skinless chicken breasts at Aldi (which is an enormous box of pure awesome disguised as a grocery store) for about $5, so I've always got a good supply. It's got a pretty bland taste by itself, though, so here's my own simple little concoction for people on the go or on their own who don't want to spend all day making dinner.

Prep time is about 5 minutes, and cook time is about 10 minutes.

Quick Seasoned Chicken Breast

What you'll need:
1 chicken breast
Garlic Powder
Parsley
Salt
Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Butter
A stove with a pan on it

Thaw your chicken in your preferred way (I like to take it out frozen and throw it in a sinkfull of warm water. This'll thaw it in about 10 minutes.) Generously season with salt and pepper. I use the big fast-pouring salt container that you use to fill your shaker with, sprinkling salt evenly over the whole breast. You'll end up using about a teaspoon of salt per side. Pepper should be about half the concentration of the salt, about a quarter teaspoon per side. Next add garlic powder, about a half teaspoon, and finally the parsley, another half teaspoon. Rub it all in and repeat on the other side.

Butter the pan and throw in the breast. Put the stove on medium heat (too high and you'll burn it!) Slowly cook the chicken, turning it every 3 minutes or so. The more closely you tend to your chicken, the more evenly it will cook and the more juicy it will be. It's done when the meat is white all the way through.

This dish goes really well with rice if you give the water the same seasoning treatment you do with the chicken, minus the garlic powder. Butter, a good amount of salt and pepper, and parsley really spice up that rice when it soaks in all that seasoned water.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.