Chicken is a healthy and versatile meat, but quite plain if not embellished upon. Bacon, is perhaps the most luscious bit from the pork beast, but in excess it can be a tad unhealthy. Why, they're a match made in heaven.
- Trim chicken of excess fat. Rub both sides of meat with a light coating of sage and black pepper. Tastes, and results, will differ.
- On a flat surface, lay down two strips of bacon, parallel, aproximately two inches apart.
- Lay chicken breast over bacon, perpendicular to the bacon's axis.
- Pull ends of bacon over chicken and fasten with toothpicks. End result should look somewhat like a (U.S.)football.
- Grill on middle rack until meat is firm.
- Remove toothpicks prior to serving.