One pitfall that appears to be neglected is the friend zone. It seems as though this is more of a threat to the guy trying to steal a friend's girlfriend, but it's entirely possible that there exists such a friend zone that ladies can find their way into. For the record I thought I might mention that no guy that I know has such a friend zone, but I digress...

Most of the formation of this dastardly side-effect of being a nice guy (or appearing to be a nice guy) will probably occur during Phase 3. In my experience, most of the females that I've discussed similar issues with have noted that they don't really think about guys in that way (as much?) while they're dating another guy, so it's much easier to turn into a best friend. Nevertheless, if this is not your goal then there are a few things that you ought to know about about being a jerk. Keep in mind that being a jerk may add time to the total duration of the plan.

In Phase 4 it seems to me as though letting time take its toll would be the most likely way to end up in the friend zone. This is especially true if you console her through the tough times. Obviously (and it's been said before) but your mileage will vary and, inevitably, you'll be responsible for determining how big of an asshole you need to be to accomplish your goals.