It is the truth that frees,
not your effort to be free
- Jiddu Krishnamurti
Listen Up! - You may ask yourself, why has this guy been around here for over three years and not even broken the 30 writeup mark? Well, I ask myself that too. Part of the reason is that I found E2 years ago and then sort of forgot about it, and didn't return for a long time. So that's that. Also, I'm not really convinced of my abilities as a writer, so I'm trying to work on factual, good quality nodes, which take me a while to craft. This may lead you to a second question: what's with those crappy lyrics you noded? Yeah, I'm sorry, I noded some lyrics. I was young, I promise it won't happen again. Just give me one more chance. I'll fix I swear. Thanks for shopping.
My personal music theory quest
- Constructing Major Scales
- Constructing the Circle of Fifths
- Musical Interval
- Coming soon: Introduction to Triads
- Medeski Martin and Wood
- Marvin Pontiac
- Grateful Dead
- Charlie Hunter
- John Scofield
- Soul Coughing
- Ani Difranco
- Ravi Shankar
- Tabla Beat Science
- The Big Wu
- and many, many more...
"Funk not only MOOOOVES, it can REmove, dig. So for that there is always Parliament, The Meters, Funkadelic and the Bar-Kays. Tower of Power. James Brown . Aw yeah. Head fix. The brain getting connected to the lower half in a big way. Like a funky trip down the cerebral cortex to the tootsie pop center of your own holy hip rolling universe." -- witchiepoo
When I'm not bumming around E2
or doing school work, I'm probably playing bass, in the dojo, or following the path (or searching for it).
Fun (getting-to-know-you) Facts Born in Douglas, WY on February 20, 1980. Settled in Cannon Falls, Minnesota for most of my childhood. Currently in Madison, SD attending Dakota State University. My major is Computer Science (yipee).
Currently I'm doing some independent projects at school. One is building a Beowolf (sp) cluster for the science department to do 3d modeling of chemical particles. The other is just some basic research on AI, since the school offers no such education.
Recommended Reading on Buddhism
Recommended Reading on Aikido
Some of my favorites
Nodeshells that should be filled...
- Funky Meters
- Listen, hippie-boy. Don't talk to me like that. I'm a grown man.
- José Ortega y Gasset
- I was throwing around useless proverbs when all she needed was to be held and told that she was beautiful
- The water is dirty and I notice this.
- I might as well sit on my keyboard and let my ass type
- Your grammar is impeccable, Wonder Woman. You appear to have stunned him.
- Noah rescued no dinosaurs because he never saw one; they were on other continents
- How I attacked a woman on the subway
- Fly, my pretties, fly!
- I love you, but your taste in music sucks
- If atoms are all around us and no one can see them, should I care?
- I was raised on red pepper and chili I am so hot if you strike me I will light like a match
- anyone under 5 is guiltless
- Lives are better lived than lost
- Writing Down the Bones
- Drums and Tuba
- If you play a note high enough, it becomes a beam of light
- Show me where to put my ear so other voices disappear
- I will not close more than one eye.
- Accept this, and your next breath will be infinitely sweeter.
My contact info is below, in case you want to send me a post card or stop by on your way through. There's always room for crashing noders in need of shelter (call ahead).
Madison, SD 57042
Email: 'neils' at 'unionhead' dot 'com'