's write-up is really exciting - especially if you enjoy the occasional sarcastic "wow
" and people laughing at you, not your trick.
If you really
want to shock people, I have a much more effecting method of making a flame appear in your hand. Now, be warned, this is very dangerous
, but where are you ever going to get in life - or more importantly, at parties
- unless you take a few risks?
For starters, there are a few things you'll need:
- As with shrimpo's method, you'll need a lighter. I recommend a jet or a similar lighter. Not because it will light better, but because it looks really cool.
- You'll also need some flamable liquid, such as petroleum (or gasoline to Americans). Only about a cup is required.
- Next comes some painkillers. You might opt for something hardcore like Morpheine, or simply for asprin or paracetemol.
Okay, here's how it's done
- Cover your hand in the liquid, in a place where no one can see you (so they don't know how it's done).
- Either gather some people around you to shock, or approach the most frail looking person at the party. I find the latter much more satisfying.
- Now comes the hard part, as inconspicuously as possible, light your hand with the lighter.
- Now, you must laugh like a maniac1 and throw your hand in the air.
The frail person will scream uncontrolably, possibly rocking back and forth chanting
. The group will be shocked, and clap you on. You are now the centre of attention, congratulations.
1. You may find laughing "like a maniac" difficult whilst your flesh is melting, this is what the painkillers are for.
And, uh, of course it's a joke, fools...