Good day, hello and welcome to the Monty Python node. I know there were a lot of previous posts to this node before you got to mine, but they never actually got around to formally welcoming you here, did they? They don't love you like we do. So even though those other nodes (may) have (had) higher reputations than this one, this is the Monty Python node post which truly cares about you, the individual, and whether you downvote us or not, we won't take it personally here.

So! Hello and welcome! We hope you enjoy your stay. I am your host Heinz Staplingmachine. Tonight, we will unravel the mysteries of the universe and crank out yet more nodegel in order to bring you many links to many other nodes which mostly just regurgitate the sketch comedy of those fine young cannibals known at one time as the engineers of that fine british comedy series Monty Python's Flying Circus but who are now just five old farts and a banquet for maggots. It is our hope to list here everything that is Monty Python, and a few things that aren't.

Monty Python was, is, and forever will be those amazingly well-dressed chaps Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin, John Cleese, and that American bloke who later went on to actually amount to something but I forget his name. In the early 1970s they managed to convince the BBC to let them do some rather silly walks before a couple of their cameras. They got paid some relatively decent money for it. Graham Chapman drank a lot and insisted he didn't have a problem and since he was so damned funny no one argued. The rest of the gentlemen didn't have a problem either, and were even asked to Germany for a brief stay in which they filmed a couple more episodes of this wonderfully marvelous synthetic hyperpornography and drank german beer which they found to be much better than the watered down british ale which barely passes for piss but they didn't say anything about it because they were in fact british and still are.

John Cleese decided to be a random insult generator and wanted to quit. Well to be fair, before Monty Python he'd been writing bits for The Frost Report. He'd been at sketch comedy in one form or another for close to a decade, and wanted a bit of a break, but mostly he was just being a random insult generator. So the tv show was over. Surprisingly though, the world populous would soon tell Cleese to get off his lazy random insult generator and get on with making us laugh some more. The bastard. They later made three wondrous films. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Life of Brian and Monty Python's Meaning of Life. And we really shouldn't forget Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl but perhaps we should forget And Now For Something Completely Different because it's just a rehash of the best from their TV series, really. They also made a lot of record albums and other things. All in all despite each individual Python's occasional reluctance, I think they've milked what they did on a lark for three years for all it's worth. Michael Palin moved on to do travel documentaries. Terry Gilliam became one hell of a Hollywood director. John Cleese moved on to do Fawlty Towers and he got to kiss Jamie Lee Curtis while shooting A Fish Called Wanda. The bastard. And all the Pythons have managed to do rather well. Well except of course for the dead one but he did rather well too so we can't fault him for his prematurely dying on us. The bastard. Who told him he could die, anyway? Oh well.

What else? Well here's some other links I didn't manage to work into the prose for this node. I doubt you actually click on any of them. I don't know why I bother to make this list but here it is anyway you thankless sot. (There are many duplicates in the nodegel...)