Started off with my Sunday ritual, getting up just in time to watch Meet The Press at 10am on NBC. Somehow we started watching it during the primaries, and just kept on doing it, though it's not as interesting now since we don't get to see Tim Russert trying to rip the candidates apart with the hard questions.

I then laid around and watched a show on the Discovery Channel about the various Eco-Challenges of the past few years, the trials, troubles, and successes various people and teams have had.

Then, after a nice long shower, watched the Detroit Red Wings lose to the Colorado Avalanche, though it really didn't matter, since it was the last game of the season and the standings were already fixed. I don't remember how I got into hockey, but I just enjoy it for some reason. It's not the fights though, I don't care for them.

Then things went downhill. I had been putting off doing the taxes long enough, so I installed that copy of TaxCut 99 and started it up. But then I find out I have to update the software since there were some laws that changed after they released the product. So I get on the internet, and play around on here while it downloads. I got to participate in the horror that was trolling by Theonomist.

The update finishes, but... I can't see to get it to work. The executable gives me some funny message when I run it, and won't do anything. So I download an update from the web site and node some more. Finally, it finishes, this one actually works, and I start the taxes... though I'm like all cranky as hell from the trouble from this crappy software. Taxes don't take too long, though they ask some really unclear questions in the software, and don't offer enough help. But I somehow wade through it, only to find I fscking owe money. I decide not to file it quite yet, and get the state one done also.

It's set up to download the appropriate software for each state as you need it, so I go to download the Illinois one... and it tells me there is an update available and I HAVE to download it first... WHAT THE HELL? So, I scream and yell at the dawn software and the idiots who wrote it and didn't put the correct update on the web site and make some comment about how they should all be fired to myself, and shut the damn machine off to go watch the first day of the Eco-Challenge and realize that things aren't so bad because I'd surely die doing that...