There are, out there, guys who are bright, are attracted to brightness, and will see those "liabilities" as the real spice of personality, and seek you out precisely for them. If I were you, I would sit down, and seriously consider the areas, the types of people, that you look into when trying to find someone. If, every time you've looked, you've found a guy who resents you for intelligence, statistical probability (there are three billion men out there. A good portion of them like a smart, aggressive girl) suggests that you're looking at the wrong guys at potential partners. A few tips:

-Find a guy who knows who Noam Chomsky is. When I am looking for girls, this has been a pretty good rule of thumb.

-Find a fellow that has burning, passionate resentment for superficiality. This greatly increases your chances of finding a fellow that can appreciate deeper qualities.

-Don't look for a guy who seems overly devoted to work, or personal (non-idealogical) achievement. Guys who value their job above everything else in life are trying to prove something. If you seem to have personal potential, in their eyes, you've just mutated from "cuddly sex kitten" to "rival."

-Hrm... For that matter, don't go for guys that label you "cuddly sex kitten" in the first place. Even if he has a nice car/job/house/potential.

-If your instincts keep leading you to the wrong guys, discard them. Try to find a guy that, on a normal basis, you wouldn't say hi to. You might be surprised. Then again, you might find a stalker. No plan is perfect.

-Find someone who cares about something larger than himself. A cause. It shows dedication to something more than personal glorification. As an added bonus, it may open your own horizons.

If all else fails, find me ;)