My son was late from school. I called one friend, he's out of town on a field trip, so no way of knowing if he rode the bus home. Corey's phone is busy, checking IM I don't see him online. compman912 says hello he says my son rode the bus home and is at Corey's. He's sweet enough to tell Corey to quit hiding from me and tell Lometa's son to call home.
Number One Son walks home from work, the car is still not fixed, kind of odd walking passed him on the way home from the grocery store the other day as he walked to work. He grabs the basketball, bouncing it out the door and down the sidewalk he's off to play a pick up game at the park.
Number Two Son calls and wants to know what's for dinner. Pizza I say.

A few minutes later I've forgotten all this activity. The pizza's in the oven and I'm thinking the boys are in their rooms doing homework. Chris comes through the front door red faced ,it's hot, still in the 90's at six o'clock, and asks when is dinner going to ready.

I would think after so long I would get used to this forgetfulness, but it always catches me off guard, it's especially alarming when it comes to my kids.

The Lord says,
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

- Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)

Devotion