I just finished eating a Brie and Jam sandwich. I thought about how shocked the person at a sandwich shop was about a year ago when I asked for one. They had brie, they had jam, and yet they never thought of mixing them. Well, there are many such tastes, that seem strange and yet make perfect sense. My dad says it's because some of these tastes complement each other. I say he's a lunatic to eat his fruits in gravy, but I brought a short collection of tastes that (I think) go well together, and yet whenever anyone sees me eating such a food, they scrunch up their face, until they actually try it.

Bon appetit!


Noder additions:

mblase says 'I'm going to suggest peanut butter and mayonnaise for the list -- one's sweet, the other tangy, and it's not as nasty as you'd think. (Footprints later adds: in Holland, they have this combination as a sauce for chips (french fries). I personally love it, though I know many people who refuse to even try it. Suckers.)

randombit says 'Black beans and Hamburger. I don't suppose it sounds bad, exactly, but it doesn't sound a tenth as good as it actually is.'

sapphirecat says 'Marshmallows and Eggs. The marshmallows are best added at the very end of cooking, since they tend to boil away if heated. I originally discovered this combination by using them as insulation between the hot eggs and a cold plate.'

La petite mort says 'Brie and Cranberry Sauce as well. An exceptional combination is homemade jam and triple brie... heaven.'

bipolarbear says 'Strawberries and Black pepper. yum yum. :)'

kot13 says 'Grapes and Bleu cheese - sounds odd but tastes good together.'