A followup on my node white pride is hateful, black pride is not. Please read it before reading this one. Thank you.

It seems a large part of the argument against my node is that since the white race is the majority in America, their heritage does not need to be celebrated. I find that absurd. As prole puts it,

it does not mean a celebration of heritage, because white people have no need to celebrate our heritage. we've been almost exclusively the people in power in this country for so long that it's already been celebrated for us countless times over, ignoring the contributions of anyone who's not white, male, and protestant. there's nothing left to celebrate. you want to celebrate white heritage? go to a library, find the history section and throw a rock.

How about China? The Han Chinese have been in power for well, the past 6000 years, if not more. Other than brief interruptions by the Mongols, the Manchus (they were quickly assimilated) and the Westerners, the Han have always held power as well as an overwhelming majority in population. And yet, their culture is celebrated on a daily basis, their heritage used as a focal point of a sense of national pride and identity. America's whites don't even come close to that. Are the Han a bunch of hatemongers?

In fact, the Han are so dominant in Chinese society that "Chinese heritage" pretty much represents the culture of the Han. Does the term Han pride mean Han supremacy? No, it is more of a sign of national pride. Heck, I'm proud to be a Han Chinese.

White pride has been attached to racism, hatred and the KKK for a couple reasons that I can think of right off the top of my head.

  1. The infamy of the Final Solution - white pride will forever be linked to Aryan supremacy due to this atrocity
  2. The KKK and America's history of racial discrimination
If these events never happened, the term white pride just may not be linked to white supremacy. Just as the French, the Koreans, and the Japanese and all those other ethnicities always celebrate their culture, white pride would have been celebrated as well.

Germany is forever linked to the Holocaust due to its actions. The white race have been oppressive in the past to almost all other races, and for that white pride is linked to white supremacy. It isn't the same thing, but many people see it that way nonetheless.