Launch is a media magazine containing the latest in music and other pop culture. Instead of a paper medium like most magazines, launch comes in a handy-dandy Frisbee shaped piece of plastic most often referred to as a CD. Launch usually contains:
  • A live music video from a featured band
  • A video interview with that band
  • Mini-interviews with a couple of other bands
  • An interview with a film actor coming out with a new movie
  • Sound clips from 20-30 other bands
  • A new game demo

  • and
  • much, much, more.

    You can Join Launch at http://music.launch.com/registration/pvn_join.asp?dest=http://music.launch.com/registration/pvn_join.asp?dest=http://www.launch.com/& .

  • launch.com is a site containing a vast archive of digital music which can be streamed to your computer. Although not able to allow you to listen to whatever you want, due to the strictures of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the site's online music player, LAUNCHcast, allows you to steer the music which you listen to towards your personal preferences by allowing you to vote on how much you like the songs which you hear. The site also allows access to a large collection of music reviews as well as streamable videos.

    Launch (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Launched (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Launching.] [OE. launchen to throw as a lance, OF. lanchier, another form of lancier, F. lancer, fr. lance lance. See Lance.] [Written also lanch.]

    1.

    To throw, as a lance or dart; to hurl; to let fly.

    2.

    To strike with, or as with, a lance; to pierce.

    [Obs.]

    Launch your hearts with lamentable wounds. Spenser.

    3.

    To cause to move or slide from the land into the water; to set afloat; as, to launch a ship.

    With stays and cordage last he rigged the ship, And rolled on levers, launched her in the deep. Pope.

    4.

    To send out; to start (one) on a career; to set going; to give a start to (something); to put in operation; as, to launch a son in the world; to launch a business project or enterprise.

    All art is used to sink episcopacy, and launch presbytery in England. Eikon Basilike.

     

    © Webster 1913.


    Launch, v. i.

    To move with force and swiftness like a sliding from the stocks into the water; to plunge; to make a beginning; as, to launch into the current of a stream; to launch into an argument or discussion; to launch into lavish expenditures; -- often with out.

    Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. Luke v. 4.

    He [Spenser] launches out into very flowery paths. Prior.

     

    © Webster 1913.


    Launch, n.

    1.

    The act of launching.

    2.

    The movement of a vessel from land into the water; especially, the sliding on ways from the stocks on which it is built.

    3. [Cf. Sp. lancha.] Naut.

    The boat of the largest size belonging to a ship of war; also, an open boat of any size driven by steam, naphtha, electricity, or the like.

    Launching ways. Naut. See Way, n. Naut..

     

    © Webster 1913.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.