Kodachi "The Black Rose" Kunou (Age 16) is the sister to Tatewaki Kunou in the manga/anime series Ranma 1/2. Claims herself to be the "The flower of St. Hebereke High School, the rising young star of rhythmic gymnastics martial-arts". Just goes by the name 'Kodachi', while her brother just goes by 'Kunou'.

Kodachi is just as wierd, although not nearly the narrow-minded fool her brother is (it must run in the family). She is much more vindictive and vicious in her dealings with others. She is quite a formidable opponent with the gymnastics tools like the ribbon, clubs (with concealed spikes) or hoops. She will not stop there either as she often resorts to assault, ambush and cheating against those who stand in her way.

She has both a deep affection for Ranma-kun and a deep hatred for Onna-Ranma after separate encounters where male-Ranma accidently smacked her with a kettle of hot water on the Tendou rooftop which chasing down p-chan and also when female-Ranma beat her in a gymnastics competition, respectively.

Kodachi has both the trademarks of black roses and an obnoxious laugh.

Japanese seiyuu by Shimazu Saeko.
English voice-acting by Teryl Rothery.

Not only is she a formidable oponent with rythmic gymnastics, she cheats, attempts to cripple her oponents before the match they are to engage in (to win by default), is willing to use deadly force to win her gymnastics competitions (like using razor edged gymnastic hoops), and is willing to use sleeping potions and other drugs on her "true love" Ranma. In fact, the first thing she did after falling madly in love with him was to paralyze him, laugh maniacaly, and tell him to "Takes these lips of mine" before attempting to suck his imobilized face. She is widely considered by Ramna fans to be totally insane and the least desireable of his four suitors.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.