In Superman II, the command Kryptonian supercriminal General Zod gives to Superman before Superman gives him a handshake he'll not soon forget.

I didn't think Zod swinged that way before he uttered that line, though the leather costume should have been a hint. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

This phrase is incredibly useful for explaining to other, lesser-tech people how they should deal with you as the BOFH (or, as Morgan Freeman's Joe Clark would say, the HNIC).

Example:

LUSER (said with superior you're-so-bluecollar whine): "Oh, Mr. Network Admin, my email doesn't work, and it's because you screwed up my password...can you take time to fix that right now since my email is mission-critical?"

BOFH: "Did you make sure your capslock key was NOT ENGAGED?"

LUSER: "Uh...gee, yeah, I'm sure I did...um..."

BOFH: "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

...it's useful in all sorts of situations like that.

This phrase also appears in Kevin Smith's cinematic classic Mallrats.

Context:

T.S. and Brodie are about to get tossed out of the mall by the weird creepy silent mall cop, and in fact said creepy mall cop is going to plant some weed on them to ensure they can't make it back to the mall that day. Fortunately, Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob) comes to the rescue, clubbing the cop on the back of the head with an aluminum baseball bat, and crying out...

Son of Jor-El, Kneel Before Zod! Snootchie-bootchies!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.