Everything Editor Logs
January 5, 2001
Recycle | Launch
Wait by the edge of the swamp and watch the world's most awesome Roman Candle reach for the stars with the thunder only a God can make alone; the light off my face is the chaos of hypergolics and furiously oxidizing aluminum perchlorate. Then, in the bushes, I can hear the soft peep of nodes as the noise fades, see the slight sparkle of their gleaming nodegel. But amongst them, here and there, the sickly squawk of malformation; mercy, then…I call upon the Node .45.
- Slick Willie by fled noder kiml1. bonesy added a real writeup; the orig. violated every rule re: subjectivity, contribution, and intelligence.
- no shit by fled noder GollyGee. Full text: "Lookit the size of that guy. Fuck of the mountain!" "Yeah, no shit!" …I mean, c'mon. What does this add to the db? Maybe the first exclamation warrants a w/u, but not this. (LNS)
- 1 2 3 4 ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS ROCK FACTS. A fairly useless node, also from a fled noder. A question, an answer, and then a note that the answer is wrong (and the question in fact ludicrous). Okay, I suppose it's supposed to be a joke from some show, but…why should I care?
- My wife is congested, so I can fart all I want by wally428. Thank you.
- Didn't kill strates node on Social Darwinism, hard though it was. Composed following reply to said node:
Apparently spelling, tolerance and learning from past mistakes (*cough*Himmler*cough*) are so-called 'infavorable traits.' Look, people, your radical ideas about eugenics have already occurred to others. Malthus has left the buiding. Welcome to technology here.
If you'd care to, please read. Read read read. Then read some more. Carefully. Make cogent and relevant points regarding the arguments already posed here. Please don't chime in with something along the lines of "Ooo! I hate lazy people and mentally ill people too, and obviously this all comes from genetics, right? So I say let's get rid of 'em!"
Such nodes will likely be nuked from orbit without warning. I am not nuking that writeup. This is a warning.
/me mutters nasty imprecations to himself as he putters around in a fit of editorial uproar. At least /me don't edit when I'm like this, I think.
...and then didn't post it. Well, not out in public near the writeup, at least.