p o o p

I am telling myself that I must make it to this. I missed the Portland tea party because I got lost (in my own damn city, no less), and I missed the Portland gathering because I was in Ohio at the time, and I missed the Ohio gathering because I was back in Portland by then.

So, dammit, I will be in Seattle.

I'll most likely be giving qousqous a ride up from Portland in my supa-fly, supa-fast WRX, and I've got room for two more (three if you don't mind being scrunched) if anyone needs a ride.

I'll also (probably) be bringing:

I'm not sure, yet, whether I'll stay the night. Hotels annoy me and I'd hate imposing on someone. I might drive back to Portland Saturday night/Sunday morning, or if I must, I might sleep in my car in someone's driveway and drive home in the morning.

A word of warning: I have an uncanny knack for getting lost, and I've never driven to Seattle before (much less in Seattle). Chances are, if the cops don't arrest me for excessive (and I mean excessive) speeding violations on the trip up, I'll probably get lost for hours in Seattle. Fuck. Oh well.

Prediction: I will be very quiet, smile goofily a lot, perhaps utter an occasional sarcastic comment, and you will all think I'm not quite sure how to participate in the goings-on. Worry not, I am participating quite happily in my own little way.

Oh, and I will eat WonkoDSane once and for all.

Super-happy-fun Update of Joy (07/23/01):

After Unless and I discovered that we live within inches (well, maybe a little more than inches) of each other, he'll be joining me and qousqous on the way up. Hooray!

I have also recently purchased a Playstation 2. I've got Gran Turismo 3: A-spec, and I hear Crazy Taxi 2 is out, so this could be fun.

Super-happy-fun Update of Joy #2 (07/24/01):

Ye pooping gods! I may have convinced some NON-NODERS to join us! Will I be stoned to death?

My two roommates, despite not being noders (though they do know what E2 is, since I speak of it often), have expressed an interest in joining me at the Seattle Debauch. It's tentative, still, but they might follow me up there. Yay! Fresh meat!

Super-happy-fun Update of Joy #3 (08/03/01):

The madness is about to begin!

It looks like my car will be packed full on the way up. Myself, qousqous, Joyquality, Unless, and possibly ideath will all be scrunched into the little thing. Unfortunately, this means warp five will most likely not be attainable, due to weight considerations. However, warp four is still very much in the green.

In spite of my last update, I will not be bringing two non-noders with me. They lost their enthusiasm for the trip, and I realized that I spend all my damn time with them anyway (they're my roommates) and I don't want 'em hanging off me in Seattle this weekend.

And, Pyrogenic, I would very much like to see this Microsoft campus you speak of!