Macaroni Cheese In Ten Minutes

Utensils:

Ingredients:

Method:

  1. Boil water in large saucepan, add salt and pour in pasta. Use one wooden spoon to stir the pasta. Let the pasta boil for ten minutes, or however long it says on the packet to boil for until cooked 'al dente', stirring occasionally if required.
  2. While pasta is boiling, add milk to cheese and leek soup mix in medium saucepan. Put onto high heat, and stir continuously. Within about 5 minutes, the mixture will turn a pink colour, this is normal.
  3. Bring mixture to boil, remove from heat and stir in grated cheeses. The sauce will thicken. Set aside to cool. Strain pasta after it is cooked. It is usually best if you mix the pasta into the sauce, but if you want to pour sauce over the pasta, that's fine too. In any case, decorate with herbs and serve.

If you want to cook the pasta and sauce separately, that usually means a longer wait until meal time, but it makes things less rushed. Also, if you pour your sauce over your pasta, use a lot, otherwise the pasta tastes very bland indeed. I also find that using chopped ham or bacon and corn makes for a nutritious and delicious meal. Not necessarily in that order.


Taken from Annette Sym's Symply Too Good To Be True 2 and given a couple of little twists and shakes.