A game show based on Scattergories aired on NBC from January 18 to June 11 of 1993. Its officially scheduled time was 12:30 P.M. Eastern time, but NBC affiliates had a lot of leeway with regard to the daytime schedule. Dick Clark was the host.

A team of four men competed against four women. Each team, given a letter of the alphabet and a category, had a short amount of time to come up with four to six words beginning with that letter that fit the category.

The team then picked four out of five celebrities who, on videotape, would provide one word for that letter and category. The team lost points if any of their words was duplicated by a celebrity.

After two rounds, the team with more points went on to play the bonus round. The team had 25 seconds to give two words for each of five letters, and then the celebrities gave prerecorded answers; if at least three of the celebrities' words were not duplicates, the team won bonus money.

This show really didn't work, thanks in no small part to the low budget, which was no doubt responsible for the celebrities appearing on videotape clips rather than actually in the studio. Its premiere was preempted in Chicago by news coverage of a train wreck; as it turned out, that special report was more interesting than "Scattergories" the game show.