Man what a boring day. I'm sitting here at work staring at the monitor all full of short timers disease. I've got this week and next here, and then I'm off to the new gig.

As always at the least efficient time, some cute girlie wants to go out with me. I chatted her up last night, and we're going to go out. A basically year long dry spell, and then when it's time to move the girls show up. Ah well, that'll happen. Besides 75,000 more women live in Peoria, than the cornfield of a town I live in now.

e2's got me thinking about geek girl's. I wonder if I could run into one in Peoria? I guess I could hang around Bradley University's CS department and see what shakes out. I'll be taking some C classes there anyway. We'll see.

Oh BTW ophie -- I know you've got an SO, but I'm madly in love with you. I was, uhm, moved by your spit or swallow writeup. Laziness and hubris are truly the marks of the geek;)

It is so beautiful out today. Sunny and 80 degrees. I think I'll go smoke a cigarette and enjoy a little bit of the day. Isn't that ironic -- the only excuse I have to get into the healthy sun and enjoy the day kills me slowly.

Tangent

I've got to setup a VPN for the company I'm joining. It looks like I'm gonna have to use PPTP as it's a mixed environment. I'd like to use SSH and PPP, but we'll see. I don't know about Windows connectivity to that setup, and programmers are not known for their networking prowess. Any thoughts ppl?