The Python node, perhaps more than any other, speaks volumes about the readership of E2:

IT`S A FUCKING SNAKE, IS IT NOT?

``trust in meeeee, trust in me''

Native to India, Africa and Asia, the Python is a constrictor; not venomous, it literally squeezes the life from its prey before swallowing it whole. As such, it plays a valuable role in its ecosystem by policing the population of rodents, insects and other pests.

Despite its fearsome reputation, the Python is endangered due to the taste of the western world for shoes and wallets made from its skin, of which it can produce a huge amount (a Python, the world`s largest snake, can grow up to ten metres long). In its natural environment, the Python may live for twenty years.

The Python uses its extraordinary killing technique sparingly. Interestingly, despite the strength easily to kill a large mammal combined with the benefit of camouflage, its instinctive response when challenged is to retreat rather than risk itself in fight.

Although the Python prefers the dense rainforest as a home, its ability to crawl, climb and swim make it adaptable to a range of environments. Pythons have been reported as a problem in large cities. Unsurprisingly, it makes a controversial pet.

The female Python is unusual among reptiles in that she incubates her young as would a chicken.

In some cultures, also a euphemism for `penis' in the context `purple headed power python'.


UPDATE: It has been pointed out (by Razhumikin) that the wording of the above comments may lead people to believe the Python to be a species of snake. This is not, in fact, the case. The term ``python'' refers to a family of species, or genus.

enkidu dwells on the matter further by adding:

In your clarifying statement, you should probably not refer to a genus as a ``family of species'', given that there is also a class called ``family'' which is a family of genuses. But I'm doing it too, since there's also a class called class, which is a family of orders...