Honestly, after reading the first two writeups I almost didn't post my trivial family update (it just seems wrong to put my little 'happy family' piece after two such angst-and depression-filled writeups), but I've been putting it off for so long... so here goes:

It's been awhile since I had the time and energy to update you all on what's been going on with me and my family. When I've posted lately, it's been impersonal organizatory stuff like There goes the neighborhood! 2: Unfinished Business and E2 Secret Santa 2006. I figure a short update is in order.

We moved to West Lafayette, Indiana in June 2005. I'm working nights (7p-7a) as a RN in the Emergency Room. Alex works nights from home, which eliminates the need for a babysitter. Rowan is now in 7th grade and would be doing well if she would 1) do her homework and 2) turn it in when finished... *sigh*... on the other hand, unbelievably enough, she's almost 13, still likes to hang out with me and Alex and thinks we're cool (!), so I guess maybe I did something right. Either that, or she's severely mentally disturbed, which, given the fact that she's my kid, is also possible. Ian is 9 and in 3rd grade, doing well academically but also not getting his work done (see a pattern?)... *sigh*

Some of you, especially those who were at our house, are ninjagirls, or are in E2Parents, already know the big news... We're pregnant! Big surprise, big shock. I'm at 19 weeks now, almost halfway through. We actually found out August 31st, IMMEDIATELY before our nodermeet. The baby is due in April, and we've decided we don't want to find out what sex it is. There are too few surprises left in the world in any case. Little Gwenatrix is eagerly awaited by its siblings, who are thrilled that I have a bump they can see now ;P I'm a little less thrilled.

We're severely understaffed in the ER, which means we're being tapped for more hours than usual, so I haven't been noding as much as I'd like to. I promise to do better, and hang my head in shame. If those of us who've been here for awhile aren't noding, who's to blame new noders for being confused as to what is expected of current writeups? I'm thrilled to see that some of my favorite noders have gotten back into the swing of noding, and that many of my longtime favorites are still hanging in there :). Of course, I also have that lovely carrot of a homenode pic waiting for me at level 6 - only 45 more writeups to go ...

Maybe I'll get there by April...