Sick, sick, and more damnable sick. I have got one of the worst colds of my entire life. Although I can appreciate some of the more entertaining aspects of these horrific fever driven visions of apocalyptic evil I do look forward to actually functioning again. I keep catching glimpses of things that do not exist out of the corner of my eyes. This is not good.

I'm housesitting for a friend so at least I get to suffer brain damage in an environment more comfortable than usual. This includes a DSL connection so at very least I can share the horror and paranoia with everyone.

Yoon and I had planned to truck on down to Mesa Verde for the weekend but this has been postponed due to illness and my pending eviction from my apartment in just a handful of days. It sucks because she teaches high school and I go to college so our breaks are always a week or so off from each other. It sounds minor, I realize, but both of us are so busy that we hardly see each other on weekends.

Confession I now am part of the evil empire. Seduced by the allure of flexible hours, health insurance availability for part time employees, and the amount of shit that I can steal and scam I now work at Starbucks. The ironic part about all this (other than the fact that I am fully aware of all the sketchy business practices my employer uses to unfairly eliminate competition) is that I kinda like the job. Obviously the free coffee would almost justify any employment just in terms of how much money I save by not having to buy a couple of pounds of coffee a week but there are other upsides as well. Insurance is pretty important since I am diabetic (with organs that occasionally decide to conk out and spur me to do things like get on waiting lists for donated organs) and can barely afford insulin. I guess I'm not really apologizing or anything but I still feel weird about it. It's similar to the feeling that I had after my first cheeseburger after fourteen years of being a strict vegetarian. It's stupid realizations like these that make me aware of the fact that my thinking actually evolves over time. Yes, this is arguable given that my evolution leads to things like working for multi-national corporations. At times like this I feel like I'm missing some vital brain function. Maybe it's just the fever?

Part of my housesitting responsibility is taking care of a dog. I live with four cats so it's odd having to take an animal outside just so it can crap. I should probably just go to sleep.