Because Apatrix made a very good point last month about The Everything Editor's Job, I'm going to include my noding activities in my edlogs for a bit, in the hopes that making such things even more public will motivate/inspire me into writing more. My goal for this month is a minimum of one writeup per week, not counting this editor log, dreamlogs, or daylogs. Stupid LiveJournal, stealing all my noding time last month...
- The LocoMotive Restaurant - Good eatin'
- Strange Things Sometimes Still Happen - Good readin'
- Garlic mashed potatoes - More good eatin'. I have a vision, called Node Your Dinner or maybe just Life tastes good, in which noders share their good food experiences, made at home or otherwise. Someday I'll write more about it; for now, all I've got is this little scribble and a few /msgs exchanged with that e2 foodmaster, sneff, on my E2 Scratch Pad.
- Balsamic baked tofu - Still more good eatin', although nothing as stunning and classy as The LocoMotive. I did, however, meet my goal of 4 writeups this month, yay!
- The Trumpet of Conscience - More good readin'. As a rule, I sort of compulsively take notes on everything I read, but sometimes those notes turn into a writeup right away. That certainly was the case with this thought-provoking little book.
As always, I promise to sign all of my Klaproth messages and talk to users about deletions whenever possible (although the latter clearly isn't very feasible with regard to users who have been absent from the site for more than a year). Anybody who doesn't want their writeups appearing in my editor logs should feel free to /msg me and I will remove all record of the deletion.
- Greenpeace (thing) by Jet-Poop because I asked nicely and got permission (it was pretty thoroughly superseded by smileloki's new writeup at that node, too).
- Greenpeace (idea) by DMan because it was a misspelled rant and writeup should not mean reply. User has not been on e2 in 1.4 years, so I can't really ask for a rewrite either.
- Greenpeace (thing) by ja son because it was a misspelled rant and the author hasn't been around in 2.4 years so I can't ask for a rewrite.
- lying next to someone at night (idea) by Yablo because I asked the author to fix the spelling and capitalization months ago, and my request was ignored or given ruder replies. Klaproth says she wouldn't eat a corrected version, although the node in question is softlocked and the author has been gone for over 3 months.
- Musicians having to work for a living (idea) by nightcoder because it was a misspelled, unformatted rant, and the author hasn't been around in over a year so I can't ask for corrections. A fled user audit may be in order, but in any case I filed a nodeshell deletion request on the title.
- April 9, 2003 (idea) by izubachi so it could be moved to National Day of Silence.
- Panama hat (thing) by Bad Loser because it was a reply to Webster1913's entry and superseded by GrouchyOldMan's entry. Bad Loser has not been seen in over a year; another audit maybe?
As always, I prefer to /msg users about typos and formatting problems in their writeups, Typo Death Squad-style. However, I will make exceptions in the case of users who haven't been seen on e2 in 3 or more months, and a select few crazy kids who've given me carte blanche to muck with their writeups in a spirit of improvement (the latter don't get written up here, for the most part, although I do send them the occasional loving snide remark about their spelling and punctuation). I try to always /msg users whose writeups I correct, and I usually make a record of such changes here as well. ALSO! If I send you a /msg about a typo in one of your writeups, double-check it for others that I may have overlooked. Chances are I was skimming and plan to reread it when I upvote/C! it, Typo Death Squad-style.
- Typos and formatting in zombie by Exquisitor (user has not been seen in 2.4 years)
- Added a note to April 9, 2003 by izubachi explaining why the writeup had been deleted (not really relevant anymore, but useful at the time so people wouldn't think I was being an evil censor or something, especially what with daylogs being pretty much off-limits and all).
- Typos and formatting in perdedor's distinguished monkey (user has not been on in >11 months).
- Typos and formatting in The Wicker Man by holloway
(user has not been on in 2.6 months).
- Typos and formatting in until you die, it's all life (idea) by Mad Matt. User has not been seen on e2 in over 1 year.
- Typo in iBook by schwa, who has not been on e2 in over 3 months.
- Typos and formatting in Redistribution of Wealth by deep thought, who has not been on e2 in a year and a half.
- Typos and formatting in Thrift Store by so sorry, who has not been on e2 in over a year. I should do some fled user audits, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment.
- Typos and formatting in kuji-in by Brother Bayushi, who has not been on e2 in over 2 years. Thanks go out to shro0m for first /msging the author about these typos and then pointing them out to me. Also I fixed some typos and formatting in kuji-in by Neuromantic because I was on a roll, but now I'm trying to talk to that user (who has been seen on e2 recently) about other confusing issues in that writeup.
- Typos and minor formatting in Motorola by g_braad, who has not been online in >3 months.
- Typos and formatting in Bikini or Thong? by Pure_Doxyk, who has not been on e2 in over 2 years.
- Typos and formatting in Ba'ath Party by futurehog, who has not been on e2 in over 6 months.
- Typos and formatting in Yojimbo by sensei, although it felt like sacrilege to mess with the text of so venerated a user.