- If you go looking for witches, you find them (idea) by Psk (mercifully); useless one-liner, nodeshell deletion requested as well.
- For anybody who thinks they need to see a psychiatrist (idea) by Jasco (mercifully); blank writeup.
- Californication (thing) by a scar faery (mercifully) by nuke request.
- Otherside (thing) by a scar faery (mercifully) by nuke request
- E2 Nuke Request (thing) by a scar faery (mercifully)
- panty remover (thing) by dr because it was almost identical to the user's liquid panty remover, and the database only needs one of those, I think. Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
- Will and Grace (idea) by flybomber because it was an unformatted rant, little better than a one-liner.
- Dragonflight (place) by connor (mercifully) because it was getting downvoted to hell and had never garnered even a single upvote.
- Dragonflight (thing) by hil (mercifully) because it was totally superceded by m_turner's writeup.
- The Stone Roses (thing) by novalis (mercifully) because it was totally superceded by Henry's writeup.
- nihilism (person) by highsp66d because it was crap. Inconsistently capitalized and punctuated, unformatted crap.
- Christopher Wren (person) by Giess (mercifully) because it had been superceded by Imprecation's writeup.
- Chinese takeout with the in-laws (idea) by TheLady (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply. I /msged TheLady to say so, and she said she didn't particularly care about that writeup, so it's gone.
- implicit anti-Semitism in liberal Christianity (idea) by Sudderth because writeup does not mean reply.
- implicit anti-Semitism in liberal Christianity (idea) by mkb (mercifully) since we discussed it and this whole node needed cleaning out anyway.
- implicit anti-Semitism in liberal Christianity (idea) by Andar because writeup does not mean reply.
- implicit anti-Semitism in liberal Christianity (idea) by mat catastrophe (mercifully) because we discussed it and this node really did need a lot of pruning.
- morality without god (idea) by washort because writeup does not mean reply.
- morality without god (idea) by mE123 because writeup does not mean reply and it was riddled with typos and misspellings which offended the anal-retentive English teacher who lives in my forebrain. Fear her.
- Religion is not a salad bar (idea) by tobtoh (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply and this node needed some serious pruning.
- Religion is not a salad bar (idea) by dogwalker (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply and this node needed some serious pruning.
- I Hate Mudd (idea) by Anomymous Coward because If you don't like your college, then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND QUIT COMPLAINING! Filed a nodeshell deletion request also.
- the problem with "radical linguistics" (idea) by graymalkn (mercifully) because its title is semantically null. Linguistics is the study of language, not its modification.
- the problem with "radical linguistics" (idea) by rp (mercifully) because although I agree with it, it's still a reply writeup and I nuked the original. Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
Notes and Miscellaneous Edits
I was mostly out of commission for the last week of March for personal reasons; my mom was in town and everything's much better now. On April 15, Jongleur and I loaded all our worldly possessions into a U-Haul and drove off to Oregon, which put me out of commission for a few days. On April 22, we head for New Jersey, en route to Europe, which means I'll be in touch only sporadically then, too. Consider yourselves warned.
Question: Is there an established protocol for dealing with nodes that differ only by hyphenation? Firmlinks seem like the most useful approach as far as making searches easier, but at the same time I don't like leaving nodeshells or locked one-writeup nodes cluttering the database...
I advised Mandi to move her writeup on Group Isomorphism Properties to Isomorphism; unfortunately she submitted a title request rather than moving the writeup and Group Isomorphism was deleted. Hopefully it will all be sorted out when the writeup emerges in her Node Heaven. I also encouraged her to cite sources for her theorems and gave more general advice about when and how it's okay to cite a proof from a book (like Explicate Your Lyrics, only for math. Neat.)
I'm trying to get in the habit of /msging users whose writeups I edit without permission; I also prefer to request corrections from writeups' authors rather than mucking around directly, despite the persistent demands of the anal-retentive English teacher who lives in my forebrain, who wants to round up all of e2's stray apostrophes right now.
TheDeadGuy makes a good point below about the potential embarrassingness of posting a list of kills, as I am wont to do. I hereby extend an invitation to all users whose writeups I delete: if you don't want them listed in my editor log, PLEASE /msg me and I will remove them. Thank you.