holy crap! live nude noders!

http://wonko.com/wonkocam/index.php (you missed it, kids. tsk, tsk, tsk.)

the time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things

It shall occur on August 4, 2001. There shall be walking around Seattle. There shall be fish flying through the air. There shall be poetry. There shall be weird 50s architecture. There shall be nonconventional mass transit. There shall be a tiny apartment. There shall be music. There shall be a monkey made from a coconut. There shall be debauchery. There shall be eat poop you cat. There shall be a funky typewriter, upon which shall be written the writeup contributed by some people (but not the most people). There shall be a giant troll. There shall be noding on two computers apparently many computers as people are asking if they can bring laptops, one of which might be a macintosh classic. There shall be people speaking loudly.

There shall be achan (I guess dental problems have rendered our man in Van unable to attend. Thus, no signing of buttocks at the debauch.)
There shall be conform
There shall be dwyn
There shall be flamingweasel
There shall be icicle
There shall be ideath (Who is giving up both Nader and Jonathan Richman to be here! What dedication!)
There shall be jasonm
There shall be joyquality (Um, probably Definitely! Huzzah!)
There shall be kamamer
There shall be mike626
There shall be moJoe
There shall be prole
There shall be pseudo_intellectual
There shall be pyrogenic
There shall be doctor qous (Wearing just saran wrap and a smile!)
There shall be radlab0
There shall be seeya (In New York at the time, and thus unable to attend. What tragedy!)
There shall be sparky (Due to family crisis, will not be attending. A proxy debaucher will be appointed for him)
There may be svaha
There shall be thefez (Who has decided to head east a bit early, and thus will not be attending. The horror!)
There shall be unless
There shall be wonko
There shall be wonkoDsane
There shall be you? /msg me!

...

The plans just keep getting firmer. We're up to cold tofu now, folks!

Saturday Pre-3pm! Last minute things and gathering folks from various transports. Please message me when you get your tickets so I know when to expect y'all. If you're in town and want to meet up, gimme a call or just head over -- notes will be left if we're away.

Saturday, 3 pm! We'll be at the Seattle Center, at the fountain. All in-town noders should meet us here now. We will be sitting on the grass, throwing frisbees, watching the kiddies play in the fountain, perhaps play in the fountain ourselves. Just look for the group of strange folks with at least one e2 shirt among them (I'll be wearing the Nodespotting shirt)

Saturday, 4pm! A trip on the fabulous, world famous, Seattle Monorail into downtown. See the sights! Watch the flying fish! Gather materials for late-night sushi!

Saturday, 5:30ish or whenever we get tired of downtown! Head back up north, into Belltown and to the Sit 'n Spin for eating.

Saturday, 7:30ish! Return to the chez weasel. A movie will be in full effect (Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai or Wings of Desire? You'll have to show up to find out), along with late night Sushi courtesy the good doctor, excursions to the Fremont Troll, forcing the cat to eat poop, a late night walk to the biggest goddamn Denny's on the fawking planet, among other things. I've decided that p_i's right about the groop trip to the Slam Championships -- not entirely condusive to noderbonding, and kind of expensive, and maybe not so interesting to the entirety of the seattle debauch crew. Those who really want to hit this can hit it and return apres-slam for some beer & conversation at chez weasel, and those who don't can eat sushi and watch movie and talk loudly in the tiny apartment.

Sunday! There are tenuous plans for breakfast at the Hurricane Cafe and a dinner excursion to the eastside for the amazing Dixie's Barbeque in order to meet The Man. Stay in town -- it'll be fun!

...

Directions! Woo!

Address: 3227 14th Ave W., Apt #5, Seattle, Washington, 98119

Out of towners:

  1. From either north or south I-5, take exit 167, mercer street exit (you also might see signs for Seattle Center on this exit). On I-5 north, this exit is on the left side of the road, so be ready (to be more clear: wonko, slow down to warp 1 when you get into downtown seattle :-))
  2. As you get off the offramp and see the first set of stoplights, get into the far right lane and take the forced right.
  3. You are now on a one-block, 4 lane road that dead ends into another road; get into the second to rightmost lane, then take the forced left from this lane. You are now heading west on Valley
  4. You should be in the far right lane, which becomes a forced right onto Westlake
  5. After about 1.5 miles, as you pass beneath a pretty big bridge, Westlake forks: stay in the left lane, onto Nickerson towards Seattle Pacific University. If you pass over the Fremont bridge, you took the wrong path.
  6. Stay on Nickerson for 1.5 miles; as you approach 14th the road will fork again; take the left branch, towards the Ballard Bridge. Immediately after the fork, take a left onto 14th.
  7. I'm on the right, very close to the first stop sign you encounter. If you pass the church on the right, you've gone too far. Look for a sign for "The Royalette" (great name, no?), and park nearby -- there ought to be parking on the street. If not, have someone run in and grab me & I'll assist.
  8. Street Address: 3227 14th Ave W. I'm on the middle level, apartment number 5 -- the only door on this level without a number, the second one, the middle one. You get the picture, I hope.

In Town Drivers: I'm on the Magnolia side of Queen Anne; taking 15th towards Ballard, take the Dravus exit off 15th, right on Dravus, then take the first turn left onto 14th. From here, I'm just past the church on the left.

In Town Bussers: Either the 15 or 18 from Downtown towards Ballard stops at the Dravus street stop; just get off there, walk up the hill to your right, turn left on 14th, and down past the church -- I'll be on the left.

...

Phone: 206.282.2693 (Land Line to Chez Weasel) (Cell phone number available for contact on Saturday in a few days upon request -- /msg me)

...

If anyone has a webcam they could bring to the shindig, along with a notion of how to use it under either win2k or linux, that'd be rad. The next day... Hot damn! Both prole and wonko will be bringing 'cams. It'll be like one of those reality shows where every moment of a group's life is recorded! The question is, who's going to be voted off the island first?

If you're planning on bringing a laptop and have a hub, /msg me -- i've only got 2 free ports on my hub, and the hub that was supposed to have come up here courtesy professor qous may be in Minnesota.

Be There...Or Be Square


Accommodations could be...tight if there aren't any other Seattle noders who can put people up. I've got:

  • 1 futon, beds 2 (if they're cozy)

  • One spare room; I'd say 6 is the max in there. It's carpeted, but bring sleeping stuff (pillow, pad, sleeping bag, stuffed bear) 'cause I don't have a whole lot of that sort of stuff.

/msg me if you plan to stay here and I'll put you on the list: ideath, wonkoDsane, dwyn, monsieur qous and joyquality (who were the first to call dibs on the futon, and so it's theirs), moJoe, and (probably) icicle

<dwyn> flamingweasel: there's a small, beautiful european-style bed&breakfast/inn next to UW. I don't remember its name. ((ed. note: It's the College Inn)) I stayed there once. I could share a room with another noder, if your apt is overflowing :)

Good to know. /msg dwyn, I suppose, if that sounds like a good plan. It's about a 10 minute drive from my place.